AppleInsider podcast talks about macOS, iOS betas and 'iPhone 8'

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2017
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Mikey talk about what's new in macOS and iOS betas, the rumors surrounding 'iPhone 8' and TouchID, and a series of Qualcomm lawsuits with Apple.

AppleInsider editors Mikey Campbell and Victor Marks talk about:

• Apple expected to replace Touch ID with two-step facial, fingerprint bio-recognition tech
  • First look: Night Shift mode comes to Mac in latest macOS Sierra beta
  • Hands-on: iOS 10.3 beta's 'Find My AirPods' feature
  • New microchip could bring portable spectroscopy to iPhone, Apple Watch
  • Qualcomm accuses Apple of money-grabbing, confirms chip supply will continue despite lawsuits
  • Apple, ad agency sued over voice sample used in iPhone 6 TV commercial
  • Apple CEO Tim Cook sells another $3.6M in company stock
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

Show note links: Follow our hosts on Twitter: @mikeycampbell81 and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    I'm not sure what Apple is up to with the face and print recognition shift rumors, but I'm a bit worried, I guess. I wonder if trying to go to a full screen w/ print sensor under the glass would make it less reliable/operable, so they have to use a combination to achieve the current state of the fingerprint sensor. If that's the case, then this is a bad UX move. I often unlock my phone w/o looking into it. It would be a pain to have to pick it up and position it correctly for the camera to pick up my face to unlock.

As for Night Shift or f.lux, there is actually quite a bit of science on that. I think the f.lux website has links to some of the science studies, or you can read a book like Shawn Stevenson's "Sleep Smarter." The light, especially in the blue spectrum, messes with your melatonin (hormone) production and your circadian rhythm. This affects how you fall to sleep, the amount of REM sleep you get, etc. which impacts your overall health and ability to perform your daily duties.