2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Rayz2016 said:
    crowley said:
    ireland said:
    dougd said:
    I've still zero interest in this device. If they develop to a point where the battery lasts a week, maybe.
    When, not if. Advanced health features for watches over the next 12 years will be huge. Diabetics won't know themselves.

Imaging features such as:

"You seem thirsty, sip on a glass of water soon (300 ml)".

"Your blood pressure seems a little high. You might consider some yoga or meditation classes. In the meantime here is the number of your doctor to book a checkup".

"I've tested your blood and you have 40mg of Lp(a) per decilitre. It is recommended you consume around 3,000 mg (3 grams) of vitamin C daily. I found the number for Holland & Barret in your contacts. Ask them if they have vitamin c in stock. They have a sale on currently".

"I am your long lost cousin from Nigeria. Please wire me $1M and I will make you a king in my country".
    Long way to go yet.  My Apple Watch can't even accurately tell if I'm standing up.
    Mmm. Mine can. Are you really short?
    I'm not tall, but that's not the issue.

I was ill last week, spent all of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in bed.  Got out of bed to use the loo or fix a drink maybe three of four times on each day.  hit my stand goal with 12 out of 12 standing sessions.

And I routinely hit my exercise and movement goals from casual walking to work, and fixing myself coffee in the kitchen.  The activity tracking is a pile of crap.
    cali
  • Reply 22 of 23
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    crowley said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    crowley said:
    ireland said:
    dougd said:
    I've still zero interest in this device. If they develop to a point where the battery lasts a week, maybe.
    When, not if. Advanced health features for watches over the next 12 years will be huge. Diabetics won't know themselves.

Imaging features such as:

"You seem thirsty, sip on a glass of water soon (300 ml)".

"Your blood pressure seems a little high. You might consider some yoga or meditation classes. In the meantime here is the number of your doctor to book a checkup".

"I've tested your blood and you have 40mg of Lp(a) per decilitre. It is recommended you consume around 3,000 mg (3 grams) of vitamin C daily. I found the number for Holland & Barret in your contacts. Ask them if they have vitamin c in stock. They have a sale on currently".

"I am your long lost cousin from Nigeria. Please wire me $1M and I will make you a king in my country".
    Long way to go yet.  My Apple Watch can't even accurately tell if I'm standing up.
    Mmm. Mine can. Are you really short?
    I'm not tall, but that's not the issue.

I was ill last week, spent all of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in bed.  Got out of bed to use the loo or fix a drink maybe three of four times on each day.  hit my stand goal with 12 out of 12 standing sessions.

And I routinely hit my exercise and movement goals from casual walking to work, and fixing myself coffee in the kitchen.  The activity tracking is a pile of crap.
    You can blame "Murica!" for that. 
  • Reply 23 of 23
    NY1822 said:
    ...do people really want to sleep with their watch on ? 
    Agreed, it's hard to go to sleep with a watch on.