Apple releases second developer beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4, second iOS 10.3 public beta

Posted:
in macOS edited February 2017
After developer beta releases for iOS, watchOS, and tvOS on Monday, Apple has released a second beta of macOS Sierra 10.12.4 beta for developers alongside a second beta release of iOS 10.3.

Apple included a new Night Shift mode borrowed from iOS in the recently released macOS Sierra 10.12.4 beta, promising a low blue light viewing experience for nighttime computer work. Other than the Night Shift addition for macOS, it is not known what new features, if any, are included with the 10.12.4 beta.

Tuesday's macOS Sierra 10.12.4 beta has a build number of 16E154a. Developers can obtain it through the "software update" on registered devices.

Apple's iOS 10.3 contains a bevy of new features, including a device file system upgrade to APFS, a new "Find My AirPods" ability, additions to Siri, CarPlay improvements, and some changes to Maps.

Monday's releases for developers included second developer beta releases of iOS 10.3, watchOS 3.2, and tvOS 10.2.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    The settings screen for night shift lets you change the color temperature, just like they demonstrated in the video. Moving the slider all the way to 'less warm' is almost identical to the regular color scheme. (of course if you don't like it at all you can turn it off completely.)

I have it enabled on my phone, but I don't know that it makes that much of a difference; I never have trouble falling asleep no matter what color my screen is...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    sog35 said:
    Night shift on iOS is a little strange.

The screen turns very very yellow. 
    I used the other setting option and it's less so.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    So does this beta finally enable Night Shift on the late 2011 MacBook Pro 17"?!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sog35 said:
    Night shift on iOS is a little strange.

The screen turns very very yellow. 
    i have mine set to the middle of the slider. at night when i'm surfing or watching a show i'm not even aware of the change because it's relative and the brain adapts very quickly. 
  • Reply 5 of 7
    pastormac1usapastormac1usa Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    I'm installing the iOS PB now. I'm guessing there's not much change under the hood if it's at public beta level. That said, the Sierra beta is still in developer stage so there must be a few issues not ready for the public beta.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pastormac1usapastormac1usa Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    In case anyone wants to check, the new MacOS PB shows available right now. I'm downloading.