My parents and the iMac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well my parents now own a Mac lol. They previously owned a Compaq which is my brothers and he decided to take it with him when he moved out so they needed a computer. So I decided to give them my orginal iMac 233 running 9.2.2 with only 32 megs ram. I am buying more ram for them so it runs a little better. All my dad does is surf and check his email plus word processing so I think he will be happy with it. Compared to the compaq they where using it is a slower but not to much. Maybe this will help them when they go to buy a new computer some time in the future. Just thought I would share my story. Here is a picture of the iMac <a href="http://birish.home.mchsi.com/screenshots/imacnibook.jpg"; target="_blank">http://birish.home.mchsi.com/screenshots/imacnibook.jpg</a>;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    the gateway mouse pads are a nice touch.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by smithjoel:

<strong>the gateway mouse pads are a nice touch.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Haha you like that, next time I am at the Apple store I will probably pick up a few apple mouse pads but the gateway once work just fine . The only reason I have those is because all my previous Wintel machines I bought Gateway.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by BrianMacOS:

<strong>

Haha you like that, next time I am at the Apple store I will probably pick up a few apple mouse pads but the gateway once work just fine . The only reason I have those is because all my previous Wintel machines I bought Gateway.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Apple Store doesn't sell Apple mouse pads.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Give 'em an usable mouse for Christmas!!! Can't believe you were still using that puck :eek: What an ergonomical desaster
  • Reply 5 of 11
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    [quote]Originally posted by kelib:

<strong>Give 'em an usable mouse for Christmas!!! Can't believe you were still using that puck :eek: What an ergonomical desaster</strong><hr></blockquote>

actually, if used correctly the hockey puck is very good in terms of ergonomics. the trick is to not put your palm on it, it was designed for your finger tips. This will keep your wrist straight

i have far poorer hand posture (you know what i mean) with my logitech mouse than i ever did with the hockey puck. I bend my wrist more when using mouses (mice?) other than the hockey puck.

I only replaced the hockey puck becase it wasn't optical and teh ball was starting to stick.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I like the original Apple USB mouse too and still using it with my Tangerine iMac. For the Bondi iMac, I replaced it with the Logitech optical wheel mouse.

Kenneth
  • Reply 7 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Shoulda have gone to the Jaguar launch party then...Free Jaguar mousepads.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    There are some websites out in the internet which sells Mac merchandise including mouse pads. For those interested, u can check it out.

I can't remember the websites, but if u press mac merchandise in google search, u will probably find some of these sites.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by stunned:

<strong>There are some websites out in the internet which sells Mac merchandise including mouse pads. For those interested, u can check it out.

I can't remember the websites, but if u press mac merchandise in google search, u will probably find some of these sites.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have looked they are so over priced. I want to buy some Mac shirts but I don't want to spend 30$ a piece for them. I can get better deals on Thinkgeek.com.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cosmo:

<strong>

actually, if used correctly the hockey puck is very good in terms of ergonomics. the trick is to not put your palm on it, it was designed for your finger tips. This will keep your wrist straight

i have far poorer hand posture (you know what i mean) with my logitech mouse than i ever did with the hockey puck. I bend my wrist more when using mouses (mice?) other than the hockey puck.

I only replaced the hockey puck becase it wasn't optical and teh ball was starting to stick.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cosmo, you are always quick to defend the puck. I think i've seen this post before...but yeah, I agree, the puck is fine if used properly.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Funniest thing I saw was at the bookstore where they had a Quicksilver (one from summer 01 mind you) hooked up to a frickin iMac keyboard and puck mouse. They had a horrible price as well as a horrible iMac price. To top it off, there was a Rev. A 400 MHz PBG4 sitting in all its glory, priced at $1800. What happened to edu discount? It's f*cktards like this that make Apple look bad....