Apple's Eddy Cue reveals first 'Planet of the Apps' clip, says 'Carpool Karaoke' to debut ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24

crowley said:
    Sounds terribly dull 
    Welcome to reality television. Perhaps you've heard of X Factor, Singing With the Stars, Dancing With the Stars, America's Got Talent, Shark Tank, etc... It's all dull. That's why you don't have to watch it.
    Is there a reason Apple needs to be in the business of crappy reality TV? 
    I don't think Apple needs to be in the business of creating content. Period.
    I agree. I'm hoping this is only because Apple's hand is being forced by uncooperative content creators, and that Apple will back off once it eventually has the content it needs needs for Apple TV.
    That's the only legit reason I can Apple (and Amazon & Netflix) doing their own exclusive content. Hollywood has all the leverage & they're playing hardball. They've learned from the mistakes made by the music business. 
  • Reply 22 of 24
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    crowley said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    So basically a Shark Tank clone?
    IMHO, Platnet of the Apps is much more than Shark Tank.  Take a look at this video.

It reminds me of 'The Voice', which also features Will I. Am

I don't think it's mainstream (or meant to be), but I reckon the geeks will tune in. 
    Yes.  The idea of advisors does add an aspect of The Voice to it.
    It's not just for geeks, most App users will be very interested to see what goes into making an app and how much money an app can earn for its developer and investors.  It is really a new and exciting field in so many ways.  It think the TV aspect will be big and the interest in App Development will greatly increase globally because of this show.

Keep in mind that it is not just national, it is truly Global.  Something that current TV platforms cannot do.
    Most app users?  Most people are app users, you really think most people will be very interested in this nerd shit?

I predict a flop.
    LOL.  It's not nerd shit, it's business ventures.
    The participants will not go there to show how well they can program, they'll go there to discuss ideas, get funding and make money.
    App users will be interested because they can relate to Apps, celebrities and making money.
    Remember, the AppStore has paid over $50 Billion to developers.  I am not referring to monopoly money here...
    This will offer life time opportunities to developers globally. 

And it's worth televising because... ?
  • Reply 23 of 24
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Count me in. I'm down with this. Looking forward to watching this shows. 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    crowley said:
    crowley said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    So basically a Shark Tank clone?
    IMHO, Platnet of the Apps is much more than Shark Tank.  Take a look at this video.

It reminds me of 'The Voice', which also features Will I. Am

I don't think it's mainstream (or meant to be), but I reckon the geeks will tune in. 
    Yes.  The idea of advisors does add an aspect of The Voice to it.
    It's not just for geeks, most App users will be very interested to see what goes into making an app and how much money an app can earn for its developer and investors.  It is really a new and exciting field in so many ways.  It think the TV aspect will be big and the interest in App Development will greatly increase globally because of this show.

Keep in mind that it is not just national, it is truly Global.  Something that current TV platforms cannot do.
    Most app users?  Most people are app users, you really think most people will be very interested in this nerd shit?

I predict a flop.
    LOL.  It's not nerd shit, it's business ventures.
    The participants will not go there to show how well they can program, they'll go there to discuss ideas, get funding and make money.
    App users will be interested because they can relate to Apps, celebrities and making money.
    Remember, the AppStore has paid over $50 Billion to developers.  I am not referring to monopoly money here...
    This will offer life time opportunities to developers globally. 

And it's worth televising because... ?
    It makes money.
    edited February 2017