Review: BeatsX are Apple's most affordable W1 wireless headphones

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    london11 said:
    How much lower is the maximum volume?
    I already think my current beats are lower volume than "normal".
    It tends to be a subjective thing, since music is mastered at widely different levels and people can have varying amounts of hearing loss, from none to significant. 

That said, my BeatsX are uncomfortably "too loud" with Mastered for iTunes content even approaching max volume -- I couldn't imagine turning them all the way up.

As always, YMMV.

Edit: Grammar 
    edited February 2017 london11
  • Reply 22 of 25
    I have had the Beatsx ear pods/headphones for 2 days now.

I usually hate ear buds and the like since they are usually very uncomfortable to the point of being a literal pain in the ear.

But these are the best I've ever tried.

I've been experimenting with them for volume, sound quality, ease of use, charging and working distance from the iPhone.  Everything works as advertised and I would say these are quite good.

I put my phone in a room of my house that was about 45 feet from my stationary bike.  The Beatsx worked perfectly, and I could use Siri and all the features of the Beatsx.

The Fast Charge works great and charging them with the Lightning cable, and connecting them is a snap.

Audio quality is much better than average and than expected, and I didn't find the bass to be too prominent.

I didn't mind the cable around my neck and I liked having an inline remote to work the functions.  I have tried the Air Pods and I still like the Beatsx better.

Getting a $30 iTunes/App Store credit is a nice bonus too.

The only annoying things I find is the 4 inch long Lightning cable that comes with them. What was the point of that?  I will likely never use that cable unless I charge my phone with it sitting on my laptop while the Beatsx charge with my 6 foot Lightning cable.

The other annoyance is the lack of indicating how long it takes to get a full charge completed.  The phone screen does indicate the charge life remaining when you wirelessly reconnect. And at least on an iPhone, if you swipe up from the bottom to get to the Control Center, you will see the battery life there as well if your Beatsx are connected.

Overall, I recommend the Beatsx.
    edited February 2017
  • Reply 23 of 25
    smaffei said:
    How many W1 wireless headphones are there to choose from? Fifty? Or just two? 
    At least 3: Beats X, AirPods, and Beats Solo 3 wireless. So, there.
    Now 5
    *AirPods
    *BeatsX
    *PowerBeats3
    *Beats Solo 3
    *Beats Studio 3
    JanNL
  • Reply 24 of 25
    I love mine and I have been using them for 3 months.
    I have used them quite heavily too.
    The W1 chip has been fantastic!No drops except once when nothing was playing.
    Wireless coverage has even been better than AirPods.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    smaffei said:
    How many W1 wireless headphones are there to choose from? Fifty? Or just two? 
    At least 3: Beats X, AirPods, and Beats Solo 3 wireless. So, there.
    Now 5
    *AirPods
    *BeatsX
    *PowerBeats3
    *Beats Solo 3
    *Beats Studio 3
    Wow, giving updates to discussions a year after... disciplined!  ;)
    Love mine too, using them a lot (for calling).