Cook pledges support to pro users, talks Trump at Apple's annual shareholder meeting in Cu...

Comments

• Reply 41 of 132
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions.
    You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?
    Your definition of near future?

[irrelevant image]
    So because the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in a ridiculously long time that means that Apple is doing absolutely NOTHING? You're also claiming Apple has zero plans for any future products and will have no products coming out this year that will be used a single professional? Do you really want to make such a stupid claim? How about giving Tim Cook some help by saying that he should take people off landscaping duty at Apple Park so they can get back to working on the next Mac Pro?¡ But I don't think you actually believe there is no road map in place or that nothing in the pipeline.
    I didn't say or claim any of those things, please put your straw man back in the barn.

I'll repeat the question: what is your definition of "near future"?

The image was intended to illustrate that Apple don't seem to be in any sort of rush right now, so there might be a fair wait yet. 
    1) You did, hence my quoting your comments and replying directly to your comments.

2) In terms of Apple, based on their history, I would expect that we'll get another round of MacBook Pros within a few months of the appropriate Intel CPUs being on the market. I would also expect to get more iPad Pros within 6 months. And new iPhones this Autumn. Basically under a year for products in the pipeline.

3) How can you tell what they rushing to do when they rarely talk about unreleased products. Cook actually talks about it more than Jobs and I wish he wouldn't. We get plenty of new stuff from Apple every… single… year. We've even recently had the AirPods and Beats headphones delayed past their expected shipping dates, which could be defined as Apple "rushing" in the sense that they really wanted these products out sooner rather than later but had unexpectedly high hopes or failed to see certain pitfalls that delayed their release.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 132
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions.
    You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?

[irrelevant image]
    So because the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in a ridiculously long time that means that Apple is doing absolutely NOTHING? You're also claiming Apple has zero plans for any future products and will have no products coming out this year that will be used a single professional? Do you really want to make such a stupid claim? How about giving Tim Cook some help by saying that he should take people off landscaping duty at Apple Park so they can get back to working on the next Mac Pro?¡
    What are you even talking about.  I don't care if Apple is making iPhones, doing a lot of great things, landscaping their campus or what ever.   All I care about is what affects my company.  We are talking about Pro Desktops and only about Pro Desktops.  HP and Dell have updated their workstations twice in that time which means my competitors using PC are far ahead of what we have.  44 core Xeon E5's, modern graphic cards, DDR4 Ram, tons of expansion....  

Did I say Apple is a bad company.  NO, I didn't.  They are doing fantastic in many areas.  Unfortunately for me, they are not in the areas that I need.  Apple is not catering to the Pro market so Tim's words are complete crap to me.  HP and Dell will be releasing their 3rd update soon.  I can not afford to have my company die waiting for Apple.  We badly require additional machines and have machines that need to be replaced It will be hell in high water before I buy their current joke of machine at the prices they are asking.  I don't really care what your opinion is, bottom line is Apple will soon be loosing another long time Mac using company.
    I'm talking about your exact words. You stated quite clearly that Tim Cook has been LYING about having an road maps for the company and LYING about there being pipeline. All of these things are clearly false, yet you still made the claim.

Even if you were making unsubstantiated claims that Tim Cook is making promises to you, you're current reasoning that "HP created a machine that had this and that" is not a reasonable argument that Apple should be copying everything HP is doing. Just because they bought HP's HQ doesn't mean they need to become HP.

I get it, you want something specific and you're not getting your exact needs met. You may even want 64 GiB of non-LPDDR RAM in a Mac notebook that uses a desktop CPU and brings back the HDD because you like the higher capacity for less money over the reliability, size and performance of an SSD. That's fine! You can "wish for" whatever you want, but when you start making claims that a CEO is LYING to you and then trying making silly claims that there are no road maps or products in the pipeline, you sound like a deranged child.

My suggestion to you—and with everyone else not happy with how a corporation chooses to conduct business legally—is to choose another company that best suits your needs. For example, I'd love to use this app with my Mac but Apple has removed SNMP support from their latest AEBS for reasons I can't begin to understand. That means I have to deal with the current AEBS or buy a router from a different vendor—but there is no crying on a fucking message board about how Tim Cook has forsaken you.
    Dude.  this is clearly over your head.

If you think updating to the latest Xeon E5 Chip or using graphic cards that are not 4 years old, or using the latest fastest ram, Adding TB3.  All things that are critical to the pro market is copying, you don't have a clue.  This is 100% neglect and nothing else.

Again, you bring up a strawman argument and change the subject claiming that I may even want LPDDR Ram in a notebook which I've never ever stated.  I clearly emphasized to you that this is about the MacPro and only the MacPro,  because that's what I require and that is what I am commenting about today.  So again, stop bring up how great Apple is at everything else because that is great for everyone else.  I am on topic commenting about the lie Tim cook stated in this article "The pro area is very important to us. The creative area is very important to us in particular."  which is something I am very experienced with and live every day

To be extra clear:

Tim Cook = "The pro area is very important to us. The creative area is very important to us in particular."
    MacPro = 1167 Days
    Translation = Lies.

Thanks for your suggestion though.  Even though I already stated we will be choosing another company that actually believes "the pro market is very important to them" by you know, actions, instead of words.   I just hope you remember that you supported this incompetence when the Mac no longer has developers feeling its worthwhile making pro software.
    ewtheckmandysamoriatallest skil
  • Reply 43 of 132
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Groc said:

"Tim Cook to pro customers: We are not abandoning you."

He's in complete denial. What he should be saying is: "We're sorry we abandoned you."

And if he really wants to come back to us, he can start with the professional photographers. Next, he can start making new Mac Pros again. And displays to go with that Mac Pro. And how about putting some "pro" in iPad pro? How about some storage, some pro apps, and a way to make quick backups to external drives?

We're waiting. (But I don't know anyone who expects you to deliver. So sad.)
    Indeed, but I want to make a few points:
    1. The existing Mac Pro, and the last Mac Pro Tower before it were insufficient upgrades. The "trashcan" Mac Pro might have been sufficient for maybe a server render-cluster, but as a workstation or as a video/photography system it was too weak and not upgradable enough. If Apple wants the pros back, Simply go back to the MacPro5,1 model, switch the Motherboard with single and dual E5 Socket 2011-3 designs. (I think Intel is abandoning Socket 2011 now, in favor of a new socket, but you get the point), M2 SDD's, USB-C 3.1 ports, etc.
    2. The iPad Pro is not a desktop replacement. At best it's a low-end laptop replacement (eg it could replace every use for the MacBook Air) , and the lack of expandable storage simultaneously with the ability to read data off another device is what excludes this from being a Pro device. At the minimum the iPad Pro would need 3 USB-C ports (One Input, One output and one Monitor) That covers all Audio, Music, Video and Photography uses, of which the Monitor port would also need to be the power port. If Apple continues to only have a single port on it, then it's utterly useless to replace a laptop.

Just based on Steve Jobs kind of thinking, I think the iPad Pro would never have been made. This seems like it was fishing for a market that nobody asked for. Likewise Microsoft's Surface Pro is essentially a laptop in a tablet form factor. The iPad Pro and the Surface Pro are different machines with different targets, with the iPad Pro being a "laptop replacement" that amounts to a clipboard/sketchbook, while the Surface Pro abandoned it's use as a "drawing tablet" when they switched to nTrig, but if you want to use it that way you still can, it's just laggy and inaccurate. I don't know if that's any better than Apple's Pencil. 

I personally think Steve Jobs would never have bothered with these larger iPhone models and smaller iPad models either. They're not quite fracturing the market, but they're falling into a value trap that automobiles have where they produce too many trim models of the same device and people would rather just have the maximum trim model in the first place if they can afford it. Like there is no reason for the smallest sized models.
    ewtheckman
  • Reply 44 of 132
    maltzmaltz Posts: 454member
    polymnia said:
    maltz said:
    "We are not abandoning you"

... and then he goes on to talk about iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, AirPods, ApplePay, retail stores, green energy, and diversity.  Sorry, which one of those underscores a commitment to Pro customers. exactly?

Not very convincing.  Pro customers haven't been more than an afterthought for almost a decade.  They say that every now and then, and occasionally even release a "Pro" labeled product, but even those are increasingly inadequate for pro/prosumer demands.  Even the sexy "new" Mac Pro (released *4 YEARS* ago) lacked any kind of internal storage and no front USB ports, so you ended up with a beautiful machine... surrounded by a rats nest of cables and third-party boxes and an awkward reach-around to plug in usb sticks.

But it's ok, Apple.  You're really not the only game in town, so I'm abandoning you.  I've been an Apple customer/fan since my pre-teen self was drooling over my first Apple //c.  I even stuck it out through the Performa days.  *shudder*  But being in IT, I'm platform bilingual, and the usability/reliability gap between Windows and macOS has narrowed considerably since the late 90's.  I built a PC in 2013 to replace my aging 2008 Mac Pro when the 2012 machines rose beyond what I was willing to pay for a home workstation, and Apple didn't have any other options but a Mac Mini (underpowered) and the iMac (I'm not going to replace the monitor every time I upgrade).  Now, I've replaced my 2012 MacBook Pro with a Dell XPS because, well, let's see...  With the Dell, I have USB-C, AND all the other ports I want - with no adaptors, upgradeable RAM and SSD, ~12 hours of battery life, and saved $900.  (Partly because Apple raised the price 20% on the 15" model)  Oh, but it is a few millimeters thicker.  *sigh*  Within the next few weeks, I'll replace my 2009 Mac Mini HTPC with an Intel NUC or similar, and the only piece of Apple hardware remaining in my home will be my iPhone... which is still a great, very secure smartphone.  Since that's what Apple's focusing on these days, I expect that to continue to be the case.

But as far as computers go, all I can say is... so long, and thanks for all the fish.

If Apple were your girlfriend and you were dumping her, she would have walked out 2 sentences into that silly speech. 
    If my girlfriend listened to my needs as poorly as Apple does, you'd probably be right.  :)
    polymniaewtheckman
  • Reply 45 of 132
    polymniapolymnia Posts: 1,080member
    maltz said:
    polymnia said:
    maltz said:

... and then he goes on to talk about iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, AirPods, ApplePay, retail stores, green energy, and diversity.  Sorry, which one of those underscores a commitment to Pro customers. exactly?

Not very convincing.  Pro customers haven't been more than an afterthought for almost a decade.  They say that every now and then, and occasionally even release a "Pro" labeled product, but even those are increasingly inadequate for pro/prosumer demands.  Even the sexy "new" Mac Pro (released *4 YEARS* ago) lacked any kind of internal storage and no front USB ports, so you ended up with a beautiful machine... surrounded by a rats nest of cables and third-party boxes and an awkward reach-around to plug in usb sticks.

But it's ok, Apple.  You're really not the only game in town, so I'm abandoning you.  I've been an Apple customer/fan since my pre-teen self was drooling over my first Apple //c.  I even stuck it out through the Performa days.  *shudder*  But being in IT, I'm platform bilingual, and the usability/reliability gap between Windows and macOS has narrowed considerably since the late 90's.  I built a PC in 2013 to replace my aging 2008 Mac Pro when the 2012 machines rose beyond what I was willing to pay for a home workstation, and Apple didn't have any other options but a Mac Mini (underpowered) and the iMac (I'm not going to replace the monitor every time I upgrade).  Now, I've replaced my 2012 MacBook Pro with a Dell XPS because, well, let's see...  With the Dell, I have USB-C, AND all the other ports I want - with no adaptors, upgradeable RAM and SSD, ~12 hours of battery life, and saved $900.  (Partly because Apple raised the price 20% on the 15" model)  Oh, but it is a few millimeters thicker.  *sigh*  Within the next few weeks, I'll replace my 2009 Mac Mini HTPC with an Intel NUC or similar, and the only piece of Apple hardware remaining in my home will be my iPhone... which is still a great, very secure smartphone.  Since that's what Apple's focusing on these days, I expect that to continue to be the case.

But as far as computers go, all I can say is... so long, and thanks for all the fish.

If Apple were your girlfriend and you were dumping her, she would have walked out 2 sentences into that silly speech. 
    If my girlfriend listened to my needs as poorly as Apple does, you'd probably be right.  :)
    Touché
  • Reply 46 of 132
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    polymnia said:
    maltz said:

Rolled out of bed laughing!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 132
    One of those rare threads where Sog35 comes across as the smart one. 

singularitywatto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 132
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Rayz2016 said:

Why? Because he's switched from being absolutely and blindly against anything Tim Cook does to being absolutely and blindly supporting of anything Tim Cook does?

He sometimes makes decent commentary, but his anti/pro Tim Cook flip-flopping is not an example of it.
    edited March 2017 singularitySpamSandwich
  • Reply 49 of 132
    adamcadamc Posts: 583member
    Interesting comments. I wonder if the Apple products are designed by a committee I wonder how many of you will buy the Apple products.
  • Reply 50 of 132
    dysamoria said:
    Rayz2016 said:

Why? Because he's switched from being absolutely and blindly against anything Tim Cook does to being absolutely and blindly supporting of anything Tim Cook does?

He sometimes makes decent commentary, but his anti/pro Tim Cook flip-flopping is not an example of it.
    No, because this is one of the rare threads where he comes across as the smart one. 

He pointed out that Cook said he supports the pros. He also pointed out that there are many different types of pros, and smart supporting the pros doesn't necessarily mean supporting the type of pro you are – or more to the point, the kind of pro you think you are. 

I've worked in a lot of offices, and over the years I've noticed that space is getting tighter. No one wants to work in a packed open plan with large loud machines belching out heat. Apple is catering for the offices of today and, unfortunately, tomorrow – because not all of us are going to get to work at Apple Park. 

One other small point for all the people  round here who like to claim they lived in Steve Jobs's head:

If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth -- and get busy on the next great thing.

Steve Jobs didn't love the Mac, he loved Apple. He would have loved Apple if it was making bin- liners as long as it making bin-liners in the way that he thought bin-liners should be made.

Bear in mind that when he conceived the iPhone he wanted it to be as simple as possible, which is why he didn't want anyone writing software for it except Apple.  

watto_cobra
  • Reply 51 of 132
    boboliciousbobolicious Posts: 1,146member
    ...like the LG display...?
  • Reply 52 of 132
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Rayz2016 said:
    dysamoria said:
    Rayz2016 said:

No, because this is one of the rare threads where he comes across as the smart one. 

He pointed out that Cook said he supports the pros. He also pointed out that there are many different types of pros, and smart supporting the pros doesn't necessarily mean supporting the type of pro you are – or more to the point, the kind of pro you think you are. 

I've worked in a lot of offices, and over the years I've noticed that space is getting tighter. No one wants to work in a packed open plan with large loud machines belching out heat. Apple is catering for the offices of today and, unfortunately, tomorrow – because not all of us are going to get to work at Apple Park. 

One other small point for all the people  round here who like to claim they lived in Steve Jobs's head:

If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth -- and get busy on the next great thing.

Steve Jobs didn't love the Mac, he loved Apple. He would have loved Apple if it was making bin- liners as long as it making bin-liners in the way that he thought bin-liners should be made.

Bear in mind that when he conceived the iPhone he wanted it to be as simple as possible, which is why he didn't want anyone writing software for it except Apple.  

Maybe you and Sog define "pro" as office worker. I do not. Maybe we should use more specific terms. Like "content creators" and "power users".

i don't like hot and noisy computers myself. Mostly because I do audio in a cramped room (I also do photography). I would've bought the 2013 Mac Pro if Apple had cared enough to ship it alongside a Retina display. It would've made a good audio and photography workstation (except for the abysmal internal storage, forcing me to keep plugging in external drives for working data, rather than merely doing backups, as I do now with my MacBook Pro). So I waited for them to upgrade the Thunderbolt Display... Which they never did. I waited years. By last year, it was clear the machine was too outdated and I started waiting not just for a display but a new machine. I'm still waiting. Self-destructing portables and iMacs aren't acceptable.

Still, even office workers and document writers could use some damned support on iWork. Ever since Apple ported iWork to the Mac from the inferior iOS version, iWork has been crap. Numbers and Pages in the 2009 edition were superior to today's version, even though they were themselves out of date. There used to be fewer people who needed MS Office, before iWork was gutted. But when Apple decided to turn iWork into a marketing tool to boost iOS sales, iWork has been crap and former iWork users have had to turn to MS Office. If Apple was really interested in getting MS to fully support the Mac, the most important Office tool for professionals isn't Word or Excel; it's Access. MS won't port Access to Mac OS in a million years.

Then there's the abandonment of pro apps, the lack of full development support on the remaining pro apps (if you're a Logic user on a retina Mac you know how much slower and even sluggish Logic X is compared to Logic 9).

Yes, there are different types of pros. The ones that are complaining about Apple's lack of focus on "pro users" aren't merely office workers. Office workers can get on fine with Apple's current offerings (though you'd think larger displays would be helpful to spreadsheet workers). The complaining pros are the ones who need powerful machines that are updated regularly to keep pace with hardware advancement. If you have a 3D rendering farm, it's in your best interest to regularly replace older systems with updated ones to get a boost in rendering speed to keep up with competing 3D modeling/rendering services.

Even outside a corporate environment these kinds of machines matter. With the way artists are increasingly expected to do all tasks themselves, individual artists need vast storage and RAM, powerful CPUs and GPUs, and large screens, because they can't just model something and pass it off to the animators who then pass things off to the rendering farm.

Content creators (audio, video, graphics, programming), scientific modeling, and all manner of other power users are doing things you won't find in an office. Apple is no longer serving such customers in any way.
    edited March 2017 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 53 of 132
    iOS and most apps are filled with small glitches and bugs here and there (camera doesn't always rotate, Messages don't go out and get stuck if there is no proper coverage, iTunes Match doesn't download songs even on the fastest of Wifis (while Apple Music seems to work perfectly).

Most services are at a premium and don't work reliably or intelligently (iTunes Match on Music in iOS, will try to stream a song even if there is no (good) coverage, even for minutes (in silence) instead of simply using what is on the phone already; downloading a 5MB iCloud document takes forever even on a good wi-fi connection).

Features are often unfinished (tabs in Calendar in macOS anyone?), like as if the developer (and QA) were distracted by a Facebook/Instagram notification at the moment of release. And it seems they develop apps to work only in 5 balls LTE coverage areas.

Aperture has been dropped for no apparent reason (they really don't have enough app developers?) and was used by some non-pro users, namely me.
    Photos is not at all a replacement, and a lot of features are half baked (see People). Photos in iOS misses a lot of features, even basic ones (albums cannot be moved to folders, you cannot title, rename or see basic information about a pic, you cannot remove faces, tell that faces are instead objects, and so on), compared to the macOS version.

Some product lines are forgotten, and not been updated (or even killed) for years (Mac Mini, Mac Pro, iPods).

It honestly seems that all they care about is selling iPhones and everything that revolves around them, and would do anything that can be done to increase profits related to it.

I don't know how well and how reliable/fast are Google services, Android and so on - can anyone elaborate?
    And BTW, who is taking care of "Pro" users outside of Apple?
  • Reply 54 of 132
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Tim Cook to pro customers: We are not abandoning

You've talked the talk, now walk the walk.

Being put on the back burner like—forever—makes one feel abandoned.

• Reply 55 of 132
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:

[irrelevant image]
    So because the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in a ridiculously long time that means that Apple is doing absolutely NOTHING? You're also claiming Apple has zero plans for any future products and will have no products coming out this year that will be used a single professional? Do you really want to make such a stupid claim? How about giving Tim Cook some help by saying that he should take people off landscaping duty at Apple Park so they can get back to working on the next Mac Pro?¡
    What are you even talking about.  I don't care if Apple is making iPhones, doing a lot of great things, landscaping their campus or what ever.   All I care about is what affects my company.  We are talking about Pro Desktops and only about Pro Desktops.  HP and Dell have updated their workstations twice in that time which means my competitors using PC are far ahead of what we have.  44 core Xeon E5's, modern graphic cards, DDR4 Ram, tons of expansion....  

Did I say Apple is a bad company.  NO, I didn't.  They are doing fantastic in many areas.  Unfortunately for me, they are not in the areas that I need.  Apple is not catering to the Pro market so Tim's words are complete crap to me.  HP and Dell will be releasing their 3rd update soon.  I can not afford to have my company die waiting for Apple.  We badly require additional machines and have machines that need to be replaced It will be hell in high water before I buy their current joke of machine at the prices they are asking.  I don't really care what your opinion is, bottom line is Apple will soon be loosing another long time Mac using company.
    I'm talking about your exact words. You stated quite clearly that Tim Cook has been LYING about having an road maps for the company and LYING about there being pipeline. All of these things are clearly false, yet you still made the claim.

Even if you were making unsubstantiated claims that Tim Cook is making promises to you, you're current reasoning that "HP created a machine that had this and that" is not a reasonable argument that Apple should be copying everything HP is doing. Just because they bought HP's HQ doesn't mean they need to become HP.

I get it, you want something specific and you're not getting your exact needs met. You may even want 64 GiB of non-LPDDR RAM in a Mac notebook that uses a desktop CPU and brings back the HDD because you like the higher capacity for less money over the reliability, size and performance of an SSD. That's fine! You can "wish for" whatever you want, but when you start making claims that a CEO is LYING to you and then trying making silly claims that there are no road maps or products in the pipeline, you sound like a deranged child.

My suggestion to you—and with everyone else not happy with how a corporation chooses to conduct business legally—is to choose another company that best suits your needs. For example, I'd love to use this app with my Mac but Apple has removed SNMP support from their latest AEBS for reasons I can't begin to understand. That means I have to deal with the current AEBS or buy a router from a different vendor—but there is no crying on a fucking message board about how Tim Cook has forsaken you.
    Dude.  this is clearly over your head.

If you think updating to the latest Xeon E5 Chip or using graphic cards that are not 4 years old, or using the latest fastest ram, Adding TB3.  All things that are critical to the pro market is copying, you don't have a clue.  This is 100% neglect and nothing else.

Again, you bring up a strawman argument and change the subject claiming that I may even want LPDDR Ram in a notebook which I've never ever stated.  I clearly emphasized to you that this is about the MacPro and only the MacPro,  because that's what I require and that is what I am commenting about today.  So again, stop bring up how great Apple is at everything else because that is great for everyone else.  I am on topic commenting about the lie Tim cook stated in this article "The pro area is very important to us. The creative area is very important to us in particular."  which is something I am very experienced with and live every day

To be extra clear:

Tim Cook = "The pro area is very important to us. The creative area is very important to us in particular."
    MacPro = 1167 Days
    Translation = Lies.

Thanks for your suggestion though.  Even though I already stated we will be choosing another company that actually believes "the pro market is very important to them" by you know, actions, instead of words.   I just hope you remember that you supported this incompetence when the Mac no longer has developers feeling its worthwhile making pro software.
    This is simple. The Mac Pro isn't the only Pro product they offer. They recently updated the MacBook Pro and it's the most amazing notebook they've ever released. If they weren't concerned about the MacBook Pro they would never have spent years developing all the great tech that came in that new machine.
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 56 of 132
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:

[irrelevant image]
    So because the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in a ridiculously long time that means that Apple is doing absolutely NOTHING? You're also claiming Apple has zero plans for any future products and will have no products coming out this year that will be used a single professional? Do you really want to make such a stupid claim? How about giving Tim Cook some help by saying that he should take people off landscaping duty at Apple Park so they can get back to working on the next Mac Pro?¡ But I don't think you actually believe there is no road map in place or that nothing in the pipeline.
    I didn't say or claim any of those things, please put your straw man back in the barn.

I'll repeat the question: what is your definition of "near future"?

The image was intended to illustrate that Apple don't seem to be in any sort of rush right now, so there might be a fair wait yet. 
    1) You did, hence my quoting your comments and replying directly to your comments.
    Bullshit. I'm not responding to anything else until you correct this blatant falsehood.

All I said was "Your definition of near future?"

I made absolutely no claims about Apple doing nothing, having no plans, about Apple Park taking up resources, or that there is no roadmap or pipeline.  That's all in your head, and claiming so is a flat out lie.

Since you make these straw man arguments pretty damn often you need to be called on this shit.
  • Reply 57 of 132
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    Bullshit. I'm not responding to anything else until you correct this blatant falsehood.

I made absolutely no claims about Apple doing nothing, having no plans, about Apple Park taking up resources, or that there is no roadmap or pipeline.  That's all in your head, and claiming so is a flat out lie.

Since you make these straw man arguments pretty damn often you need to be called on this shit.
    altivec88 wrote, "Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions."

I replied, "You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?"

To which you chimed in and backed up his claim that Tom is lying is about having any road maps or pipelines for the company with a ridiculous mage of the Mac Pro from MacRumors' Buyer's Guide.

watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 58 of 132
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:

altivec88 wrote, "Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions."

I replied, "You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?"

To which you chimed in and backed up his claim that Tom is lying is about having any road maps or pipelines for the company with a ridiculous mage of the Mac Pro from MacRumors' Buyer's Guide.

No, I backed up nothing, I asked a question about what your definition of near future is.

Stop imagining what other people are saying and pay attention to what they're actually saying.
  • Reply 59 of 132
    crowley said:
    Are there anymore "alternative facts" that I can bitchslap for you making?
    watto_cobraSpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 60 of 132
    Why is an image showing the length of time that the current Mac Pro has been on sale for irrelevant or ridiculous in a thread about Macs and Pro users, when the subject is about releases in the near future?

Wtf are you talking about?