Cook pledges support to pro users, talks Trump at Apple's annual shareholder meeting in Cu...

Comments

• Reply 61 of 132
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Since you make these straw man arguments pretty damn often you need to be called on this shit.
    Are there anymore "alternative facts" that I can bitchslap for you making?
    You said I said something that I didn't, and you're continuing to make that claim.  Honey you can be a bitch all you like, but you're the only one getting slapped.
  • Reply 62 of 132
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    1) You did, hence my quoting your comments and replying directly to your comments.
    Bullshit. I'm not responding to anything else until you correct this blatant falsehood.

All I said was "Your definition of near future?"

I made absolutely no claims about Apple doing nothing, having no plans, about Apple Park taking up resources, or that there is no roadmap or pipeline.  That's all in your head, and claiming so is a flat out lie.

Since you make these straw man arguments pretty damn often you need to be called on this shit.
    altivec88 wrote, "Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions."

I replied, "You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?"

To which you chimed in and backed up his claim that Tom is lying is about having any road maps or pipelines for the company with a ridiculous mage of the Mac Pro from MacRumors' Buyer's Guide.

No, I backed up nothing, I asked a question about what your definition of near future is.

Stop imagining what other people are saying and pay attention to what they're actually saying.
    You asked a question, which was answered, but you also made a statement by posting a silly image that implied that the Mac Pro was the only Pro offering from Apple. Whether that was simply willful ignorance or you lying about Apple offering other products used by professionals, you made the statement without considering any other product Apple makes.
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 63 of 132
    crowley said:
    Why is an image showing the length of time that the current Mac Pro has been on sale for irrelevant or ridiculous in a thread about Macs and Pro users, when the subject is about releases in the near future?

Wtf are you talking about?
    If this was a thread about the incredibly long delay of the Mac Pro, then it would be relevant, but it was about people like you bitching that Apple doesn't care about professionals in any sense of the word or in any regard, hence your bullshit reply and your tunnel vision (as best) when it comes to professional products Apple does currently offer.
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 64 of 132
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    1) You did, hence my quoting your comments and replying directly to your comments.
    Bullshit. I'm not responding to anything else until you correct this blatant falsehood.

I made absolutely no claims about Apple doing nothing, having no plans, about Apple Park taking up resources, or that there is no roadmap or pipeline.  That's all in your head, and claiming so is a flat out lie.

altivec88 wrote, "Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions."

I replied, "You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?"

To which you chimed in and backed up his claim that Tom is lying is about having any road maps or pipelines for the company with a ridiculous mage of the Mac Pro from MacRumors' Buyer's Guide.

No, I backed up nothing, I asked a question about what your definition of near future is.

Stop imagining what other people are saying and pay attention to what they're actually saying.
    You asked a question, which was answered, but you also made a statement by posting a silly image that implied that the Mac Pro was the only Pro offering from Apple. Whether that was simply willful ignorance or you lying about Apple offering other products used by professionals, you made the statement without considering any other product Apple makes.
    I haven't seen any answer to that question, certainly not in your first response to me.

The Macbook Pro also received a lukewarm reception from pro users, I'm not lying about anything.  Taking a very appropriate and evident example is a perfectly fine thing to do.  I'm not going to break down every Apple product offering in a reply when I can be illustrative instead.  Don't be fucking absurd.
  • Reply 65 of 132
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Why is an image showing the length of time that the current Mac Pro has been on sale for irrelevant or ridiculous in a thread about Macs and Pro users, when the subject is about releases in the near future?

Wtf are you talking about?
    If this was a thread about the incredibly long delay of the Mac Pro, then it would be relevant, but it was about people like you bitching that Apple doesn't care about professionals in any sense of the word or in any regard, hence your bullshit reply and your tunnel vision (as best) when it comes to professional products Apple does currently offer.
    "People like you"

I've never bitched about Apple caring or not caring about professionals.

You don't seem to be able to distinguish between people who you are talking to.  Everyone that in any way gives any opposition to you in lumped into a single basket and everyone is wrong about everything.  I see you.
  • Reply 66 of 132
    "is lumped", not "in lumped"

For some reason the edit post button isn't showing up?
  • Reply 67 of 132
    I've seen the response to the question now, I'd glossed over because you opened with doubling down on the claim that I'd said things that I haven't.
  • Reply 68 of 132
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:

I haven't seen any answer to that question, certainly not in your first response to me.

The Macbook Pro also received a lukewarm reception from pro users, I'm not lying about anything.  Taking a very appropriate and evident example is a perfectly fine thing to do.  I'm not going to break down every Apple product offering in a reply when I can be illustrative instead.  Don't be fucking absurd.
    1) Because you're reading comprehension is poor in my next reply where you asked the question again I spelled it out in the plainest language I can muster. I even numbered my comments so you could follow along easier. I can only hold your hand to a certain point, but eventually you need to apply some level of cognition to a conversation.

2) Regardless of the "reception" a MacBook Pro or iPad Pro receives, these are still labeled as Pro machines are are still used as such by professionals. It makes no difference if you think Apple is doomed for adding Touch ID to the MacBook Pro or not. Your feelings about the machines are irrelevant when you're defending altivec88's comment that Tim is lying about creating and releasing any Pro products, and your picture of the Mac Pro just shows how quickly you are to defend blatant lies since your entire platform is "since they haven't updated the Mac Pro I can argue that they haven't updated any Pro products." That's bullshit. For example, what excessive timeframes have they gone between Mac mini updates? Years, and yet I doubt you've ever posted a pic of the longest timeframes between Mac mini updates while arguing that this means Apple doesn't care about consumer-grade products any more.
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 69 of 132
    My god this is pathetic.

I made a simple post, intending to be good humoured about how the Mac Pro hadn't been updated in a long time and yet you're talking about "near future" and you've extrapolated your own vision of the worst possible intent and bad faith, and made demonstrably false claims about things that I've said.

There might be a nice discussion to be had here, but you've acted like such a petulant brat that I really don't want to have it.  You do this time and time again.

Sort yourself out, it's overreactions and rotten argumentativeness that makes forums unpleasant places to engage with people.  Your policing of what people are and aren't allowed to converse about is off the rails.
  • Reply 70 of 132
    Personally, I don't care if the Mac Pro is ever updated, but I lean toward updating it or getting rid of it altogether just to shut people up. Clearly the sales aren't high enough to warrant annual updates, so the people bitching about that on here are either in a very small group of Mac Pro buyers are bitching about a product they've never owned.

I've never once had a product from Apple that had exactly what I wanted, but I weigh the pros and cons and then make a decision based on what will benefit me the most. Apple owes you nothing and you owe them nothing. Buy what suits your needs and leave it at that. If that means not choosing an Apple product then that's how you let Apple know they're not getting your business. It's that fucking simple.
    watto_cobraStrangeDays
  • Reply 71 of 132
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    The fact that he has to say it is a real problem.  I'm not a pro user, but it certainly seems to me that Apple has shirked its pro users.   Most products now seem to be either for consumers or what we used to call prosumers.  I'm in the latter category, so I'm happy.  But I can't imagine A/V professionals being too thrilled with Apple's pro hardware and software offerings right now.  
    SpamSandwichavon b7
  • Reply 72 of 132
    Well, if everyone can get over the fact that you (obviously) need a bazillion gigabytes of RAM to do anything useful with a computer, Apple have been consistently delivering products for professionals (except photographers, you guys are still dead to them). The only real problem with the Mac Pro "trash can" and the (horrific!) new MacBook Pro is the price tag, and I think everyone here knows it. These are very capable computers, up to almost any task you could throw at them. In the software realm Apple has been quietly updating Final Cut and Logic, so love them or hate them, they are moving forward.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 73 of 132
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Sorry Timmy, your continued lies about "road maps, pipelines, and pros are important to us" don't match your actions.
    You're claiming has no plans about future products (road maps) or products that will be ready to be released in the near future (pipeline)?
    Your definition of near future?

[irrelevant image]
    So because the Mac Pro hasn't been updated in a ridiculously long time that means that Apple is doing absolutely NOTHING? You're also claiming Apple has zero plans for any future products and will have no products coming out this year that will be used a single professional? Do you really want to make such a stupid claim? How about giving Tim Cook some help by saying that he should take people off landscaping duty at Apple Park so they can get back to working on the next Mac Pro?¡
    What are you even talking about.  I don't care if Apple is making iPhones, doing a lot of great things, landscaping their campus or what ever.   All I care about is what affects my company.  We are talking about Pro Desktops and only about Pro Desktops.  HP and Dell have updated their workstations twice in that time which means my competitors using PC are far ahead of what we have.  44 core Xeon E5's, modern graphic cards, DDR4 Ram, tons of expansion....  

Did I say Apple is a bad company.  NO, I didn't.  They are doing fantastic in many areas.  Unfortunately for me, they are not in the areas that I need.  Apple is not catering to the Pro market so Tim's words are complete crap to me.  HP and Dell will be releasing their 3rd update soon.  I can not afford to have my company die waiting for Apple.  We badly require additional machines and have machines that need to be replaced It will be hell in high water before I buy their current joke of machine at the prices they are asking.  I don't really care what your opinion is, bottom line is Apple will soon be loosing another long time Mac using company.
    I'm talking about your exact words. You stated quite clearly that Tim Cook has been LYING about having an road maps for the company and LYING about there being pipeline. All of these things are clearly false, yet you still made the claim.

To be extra clear:

Tim Cook = "The pro area is very important to us. The creative area is very important to us in particular."
    MacPro = 1167 Days
    Translation = Lies.

Thanks for your suggestion though.  Even though I already stated we will be choosing another company that actually believes "the pro market is very important to them" by you know, actions, instead of words.   I just hope you remember that you supported this incompetence when the Mac no longer has developers feeling its worthwhile making pro software.
    Let me explain how quitting works:

Once you quit your job, you don't get to continue threatening to quit job.
    Most of the time, when an someone threatens to quit their job, but they don't do it, they're just bargaining; they want something in return.

You say you want to quit Apple? Then the same rules apply.
    You say "actions speak louder than words"? Oooh, you're scaring us now: What are these forums but a lot of words? If you want to "switch" to PC, you'd do it, because you need "more Pro" or whatever benchmark you're chasing, not talk about it endlessly in forums like a woman who can't leave her abusive husband. Just do it.

(And when you do, be sure to come back and gloat)
    SpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 74 of 132
    altivec88altivec88 Posts: 135member
    Soli said:
    Personally, I don't care if the Mac Pro is ever updated, but I lean toward updating it or getting rid of it altogether just to shut people up. Clearly the sales aren't high enough to warrant annual updates, so the people bitching about that on here are either in a very small group of Mac Pro buyers are bitching about a product they've never owned.

I've never once had a product from Apple that had exactly what I wanted, but I weigh the pros and cons and then make a decision based on what will benefit me the most. Apple owes you nothing and you owe them nothing. Buy what suits your needs and leave it at that. If that means not choosing an Apple product then that's how you let Apple know they're not getting your business. It's that fucking simple.
    So let me get this straight.  You don't own or need a MacPro.  You don't care if the Mac Pro ever gets updated but at the same time, those that do need and require them are not allowed to voice their displeasure with out the Soli Internet police coming out and saying "I don't need it updated so therefor it doesn't need updating".  Look sir,  I don't really care about you myopic view of life.   This topic is about Pro's.  If you "don't care" or want to hear pro's bitch about the state of the Mac, I suggest you stay away from those articles and more importantly don't post on a topic you clearly know nothing about and from your own words don't even care about.

Apple is free to do what ever they want.  If they want to kill the MacPro, then that is their prerogative.  Tim should just say we are going in a different direction and we are not getting enough sales in the pro market to justify our involvement.  End of storey.  Instead, we get continuous pathetic words that say "Desktops are very important to us, they're in our road map" and "Pro's are very important to us" followed by actions that are polar opposite (leading us to 4 year update cycles. products well behind competitors in every way).  I call those lies, you can call them what ever you want.  Then you state that one of those new MacBook Pro's should solve all the pro's problem.  LOL.   Don't get me wrong, the MacBook Pro is an excellent machine but a lot of Pro's need power much greater than what can be had from a Mobile GPU and a few cores of mobile CPU.   Even the current MacPro is a great machine if the year was 2013 and the world sat still.  As I mentioned, both Dell and HP have updated their desktop workstations twice in that time and currently offer 44core systems, with 2017 graphic cards, the latest ram specs, etc. so that is what I have to compare it to.  For the same price as a 12 core mac with ancient graphics, I can get a 36 core Dell with high end Dual Nvidia Quadro's and DDR4 that will make the MacPro look like its 2013 all over again.

To be clear this whole discussion is not whether Apple should or should not update the MacPro.  Its about Tim spewing his words around as if they mean anything to the pro community.  His words don't make me any money,  a new MacPro will.  So put out or shut up.
  • Reply 75 of 132
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:

So let me get this straight.  You don't own or need a MacPro.  You don't care if the Mac Pro ever gets updated but at the same time, those that do need and require them are not allowed to voice their displeasure with out the Soli Internet police coming out and saying "I don't need it updated so therefor it doesn't need updating".  Look sir,  I don't really care about you myopic view of life.   This topic is about Pro's.  If you "don't care" or want to hear pro's bitch about the state of the Mac, I suggest you stay away from those articles and more importantly don't post on a topic you clearly know nothing about and from your own words don't even care about.

Apple is free to do what ever they want.  If they want to kill the MacPro, then that is their prerogative.  Tim should just say we are going in a different direction and we are not getting enough sales in the pro market to justify our involvement.  End of storey.  Instead, we get continuous pathetic words that say "Desktops are very important to us, they're in our road map" and "Pro's are very important to us" followed by actions that are polar opposite (leading us to 4 year update cycles. products well behind competitors in every way).  I call those lies, you can call them what ever you want.  Then you state that one of those new MacBook Pro's should solve all the pro's problem.  LOL.   Don't get me wrong, the MacBook Pro is an excellent machine but a lot of Pro's need power much greater than what can be had from a Mobile GPU and a few cores of mobile CPU.   Even the current MacPro is a great machine if the year was 2013 and the world sat still.  As I mentioned, both Dell and HP have updated their desktop workstations twice in that time and currently offer 44core systems, with 2017 graphic cards, the latest ram specs, etc. so that is what I have to compare it to.  For the same price as a 12 core mac with ancient graphics, I can get a 36 core Dell with high end Dual Nvidia Quadro's and DDR4 that will make the MacPro look like its 2013 all over again.

To be clear this whole discussion is not whether Apple should or should not update the MacPro.  Its about Tim spewing his words around as if they mean anything to the pro community.  His words don't make me any money,  a new MacPro will.  So put out or shut up.
    Regardless of your Mac Pro needs—which is questionable based on your comments—you've repeatedly claimed that Tim Cook has no interest in any professional user whereby you called him a liar for saying there are road maps and products in the pipeline because you don't consider anything else a professional-grade product. That makes your entire argument bull-fucking-shit.
    SpamSandwichStrangeDays
  • Reply 76 of 132
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:

Regardless of your Mac Pro needs—which is questionable based on your comments—you've repeatedly claimed that Tim Cook has no interest in any professional user whereby you called him a liar for saying there are road maps and products in the pipeline because you don't consider anything else a professional-grade product. That makes your entire argument bull-fucking-shit.
    Some people used language that was a bit too spicy for you so you start mouthing off?  Cry me a fucking river; you've made a complete ass of yourself in this thread.
  • Reply 77 of 132
    crowley said:
    Soli said:
    altivec88 said:
    Soli said:

Some people used language that was a bit too spicy for you so you start mouthing off?  Cry me a fucking river; you've made a complete ass of yourself in this thread.
    Let's see if you two apologize when Apple releases new products this year used by professionals. My guess is that you neither of you will admit that your "sky is falling" comments were unfounded.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 78 of 132
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Tim Cook said: "Expect us to do more and more where people will view it as a laptop replacement, but not a Mac replacement - the Mac does so much more". Got it now, AppleInsider?
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 79 of 132
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    I cannot edit my post, so... Get the facts: Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'You Will See Us Do More in the Pro Area' https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/28/apple-ceo-tim-cook-pro-creative-area-important
  • Reply 80 of 132
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,624member
    Soli said:

"Simple"? Do you know what would have been far simpler?

A little bit of communication.

Are Mac Pros a strategic, all encompassing product that for marketing reasons have to be kept under wraps until the right moment appears? Would sales have tanked if TC had said "we have new Mac Pros in the pipeline and hope to have them ready for June" (or whatever the timeframe)? Something that would allow users to plan ahead for the release. Of course, what would have been far, far better would have been for him or Phil to come forward and say it freely without the need for a shareholder to pose the question first.

Do you know what would have been better?

A little bit of humility

Leaving its workstation users abandoned, out in the cold, ignored (or whatever negative adjective you choose) for years with nary a word on the future has left them frustrated, angry, dissilusoned and once again, all the other negative adjectives you can muster, and it was ALL so completely unnecessary. He could have eaten some humble pie and said a simple 'sorry' to shareholders, and by extension to users, for dropping the ball. 

Whatever the reason for the lack of new workstations, they did nothing, I mean a big zippo, to sell the existing model. No discounts, no promotions, no extended ApplCare, no increase in the specs (the ones that could be modified). Just as they did zippo on the iMac. Not even a reconfiguration of of the stock options like upping RAM, SSD etc

If I were a shareholder I would have taken them to task for simply not bothering with anything that could make existing models more attractive.Especially the iMac line prior to. Christmas. That is poor management.

I would also be pushing for them to make the Mac division independent (a la Filemaker) to ensure that it gets the attention a multi-billion dollar business requires. Shipping new MBPs doesn't constitute enough attention. Not by a long shot.

"If that means not choosing an Apple product then that's how you let Apple know they're not getting your business. It's that fucking simple"

That isn't as simple as you would believe. Companies spend time and money on obtaining feedback. Nowadays they can gauge feedback far more easily than before thanks to discussion forums, tech site comments, YouTube etc. It all adds up.

These channels are far more effective than regular direct feedback to the company. Direct feedback goes into a black hole. Users have no idea if other users share the same opinions/ideas or if it is actually processed beyond a standard 'thank you for your feedback' message.

The benefit to the user when using external vias is that it is public and when feedback is negative and gains traction, it often gets some feedback from the affected company. Apple is fully aware of the reaction to its products and sometimes takes a PR approach to counter criticism (sometimes making things worse, but there you go).

Not buying a product as a stance is fine but I'm sure Apple would like to know exactly why they lost the sale.

Also, 'not buying' implies buying something non-Apple, which might be fairly easy to do in the case of a phone but if you are a long time Mac user with years of documents to move over to a new OS, it might become more problematic.

I think your first contribution to this thread was 'so many stupid comments'. They might be 'stupid' to you, but that doesn't make them actually stupid. They are opinions. Instead of just attacking them with the standard format response (saying people are bitching, trolling, stupid) etc it might be better to refrain or change tone a little.

Adding 'fucking' to an exclamation directed at a person really serves little effective purpose, save to rant and/or belittle the OP.

It's not for me to give sermons (forgive me if you interpret this that way) and everyone has their style but both Crowley and Altivec88 spoke their minds and that, after all is why we're here. I can't see anything nasty in their comments. 

The 'liar' comment should be put into complete context, not extracted and scrutinised without due perspective. I'm sure everyone got the gist of his post. Doing the opposite is tantamount to nitpicking. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's great to nitpick but if we take his comments in the spirit they were made, I really don't see an issue.

Maybe you don't see it that way but anyway, as they say in the US, that's my two cents.

altivec88