AAPL beats $140 per share in mid-day trading, inches closer to record $775B market cap

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    melgross said:
    slurpy said:
    Trump bump!
    Indeed. In fact, once tax reform and the overseas corporate money starts to repatriate and pour back into the US the market will really explode upward. There's a good chance inflation will kick in at some point also.
    You right-wingers are fucking hilarious, crediting literally everything to Trump when it suits you. Apple stock price is because of Apple's performance and the confidence investors have in the company. It has nothing to do with Trump, no matter how desperate you are to give him some undue credit. 
    That's ok, Trump is already claiming credit for things that happened during Obama's administration. Why not this too?
    Off topic for a second... Mel you're no longer a moderator? I thought you were doing a good job.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    NY1822 said:
    Oh Collin Gillis...if only you would reappear ...
    And Doug Kass, who bought a ton of $105 Puts just before the stock started its run, back last summer.  I think the stock was around $108 at the time, and it never dipped since his trade below where it was when he put the trade on.

And remember Ed Zabitsky?   The Canadian alalyst who, a few years ago, when Apple was In the low $400s (pre-split), already very depressed in valuation, was calling for the stock to go to $270 and even lower.  Myopia, plain and simple.

http://fortune.com/2013/03/07/lets-revisit-ed-zabitskys-270-per-share-apple-price-target/
  • Reply 23 of 35
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    carnegie said:
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the edit functionality (for posts you just made) is no longer available?

Or has it been moved and I just can't find it?
    Try refreshing the browser.  That works for me as I've encountered this issue as well. 
  • Reply 24 of 35
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    carnegie said:
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the edit functionality (for posts you just made) is no longer available?

Try refreshing the browser.  That works for me as I've encountered this issue as well. 
    This started for me yesterday and I've seen many other people mention it in the last 24 hours. I've never had this issue before.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Trump bump!
    Nonsense. If anything, the prospect of a BAT should be pretty negative for Apple, not to mention the pressure to start manufacturing in the US. 

Apple is a remarkably undervalued stock, and finally its price is starting to catch up with its performance. With a forward PE ratio of 13x (ex-cash) there's still lots of room there. 
    Soli
  • Reply 26 of 35
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    AAPL is very close to the $142.86 mark - which represents $1000 in pre-split terms !
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 35
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    No politics. 

I want to sell some Apple shares but wondering if I should wait for 150. There has to be a correction soon. 
  • Reply 28 of 35
    slurpy said:
    Trump bump!
    Indeed. In fact, once tax reform and the overseas corporate money starts to repatriate and pour back into the US the market will really explode upward. There's a good chance inflation will kick in at some point also.
    You right-wingers are fucking hilarious, crediting literally everything to Trump when it suits you. Apple stock price is because of Apple's performance and the confidence investors have in the company. It has nothing to do with Trump, no matter how desperate you are to give him some undue credit. 

Can we call them "Trumpeteers"?
  • Reply 29 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    melgross said:
    slurpy said:
    Trump bump!
    That's ok, Trump is already claiming credit for things that happened during Obama's administration. Why not this too?
    Off topic for a second... Mel you're no longer a moderator? I thought you were doing a good job.
    I really don't know what happened. I didn't visit the moderator thread all that often so possibly I missed something.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 30 of 35
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    jungmark said:
    No politics. 

I want to sell some Apple shares but wondering if I should wait for 150. There has to be a correction soon. 
    I do the same thing a Buffet does. I plan to keep stocks forever. Sometimes that can't be done. But unless you need the cash, why take the tax hit? Unless you have offsets, it's going to cost you dearly. Assuming you're in the 20% capital gains category, and don't live in a state with state and local taxes, you take that 20% off the top. If you do live in a taxed state, you need to add that to the cut.

if you're in the 28% capital gains category, and live in NYC, as I do, then you're losing a big chunk. What do you want the cash for?
  • Reply 31 of 35
    ddawson100ddawson100 Posts: 513member
    I'm confused. It was a 1 to 7 split. 1000/7 would be 142.85, not 147.82.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    melgross said:
    jungmark said:
    No politics. 

I do the same thing a Buffet does. I plan to keep stocks forever. Sometimes that can't be done. But unless you need the cash, why take the tax hit? Unless you have offsets, it's going to cost you dearly. Assuming you're in the 20% capital gains category, and don't live in a state with state and local taxes, you take that 20% off the top. If you do live in a taxed state, you need to add that to the cut.

if you're in the 28% capital gains category, and live in NYC, as I do, then you're losing a big chunk. What do you want the cash for?
    Reportedly capital gains will not exceed 20% If and when tax reform is enacted. Hopefully that will happen this year.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    carnegiecarnegie Posts: 1,078member
    carnegie said:

Thanks. I tried that as well as clearing my cache but it didn't seem to fix the issue. And I was having the same problem regardless of what device I used.

The issue has gone away now though, hopefully it doesn't return.
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 34 of 35
    carnegiecarnegie Posts: 1,078member

The $147.82 price that the article suggested related to surpassing Apple's highest market capitalization from a couple of years ago, not to it reaching what would be equal to a price of $1,000 without the split.
    edited March 2017 Soli
  • Reply 35 of 35
    ddawson100ddawson100 Posts: 513member
    carnegie said:

The $147.82 price that the article suggested related to surpassing Apple's highest market capitalization from a couple of years ago, not to it reaching what would be equal to a price of $1,000 without the split.
    Whoops - I must have been reading cross-eyed there. Thanks.