'Game of Thrones' stars Maisie Williams & Sophie Turner to appear in Apple's 'Carpool Kara...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited March 13
Two more celebrities have announced their involvement with the Apple Music version of "Carpool Karaoke," this time "Game of Thrones" stars Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner.




The two revealed their participation in a short video clip through the official "Carpool Karaoke" Twitter account on Sunday. The actresses were in Austin, Tex. for this year's South by Southwest festival, appearing in a "Game of Thrones" panel alongside show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

Apple's take on "Carpool Karaoke" will debut in April, based off a segment from CBS' "The Late Late Show with James Corden." Unlike the original, it will consist of 16 30-minute episodes, each featuring a pair of celebrities.

STARKpool Karaoke? Lane of Thrones?@SophieT and @Maisie_Williams from @GameOfThrones are shooting a #CarpoolKaraoke for @applemusic! ?????? pic.twitter.com/hmJjRqBlnc

-- Carpool Karaoke (@CarpoolKaraoke)


Apart from Turner and Williams, some other confirmed celebrities include Corden, Will Smith, Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande, Seth MacFarlane, and members of Metallica.

Apple has turned to video as a way of distinguishing Apple Music from its main competition, Spotify, which has over twice the number of paid subscribers, and many more on its free ad-based tier. While there is video on Spotify, it's often short material and harder to find.

Apple is currently working on other original shows, such as "Planet of the Apps" and "Vital Signs," the latter a semi-biographical series involving rapper and Beats co-founder Dr. Dre. The project has been in development for some time and is expected to feature levels of sex and violence Apple normally shuns.

Recently a report said that senior Apple executives have been trying to recruit major film and TV producers, though to what end is still uncertain.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 26,190member
    It's a Red Wedding for Carpool Karaoke, then?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    MikeymikeMikeymike Posts: 100member
    Man, this makes me sad.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 1,694member
    Mikeymike said:
    Man, this makes me sad.
    Then don't watch it. 
    afrodripatchythepirate
  • Reply 4 of 8
    MikeymikeMikeymike Posts: 100member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Mikeymike said:
    Man, this makes me sad.
    Then don't watch it. 
    I assure you, there is no risk of me not, not watching it.
    I definitely have more important things to spend my time on. Too bad Apple doesn't.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 3,655member
    Mikeymike said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    Mikeymike said:
    Man, this makes me sad.
    Then don't watch it. 
    I assure you, there is no risk of me not, not watching it.
    I definitely have more important things to spend my time on. Too bad Apple doesn't.
    If by "more important things" you mean "learning to contribute instead of whining", then hurry up at get to it!


    bestkeptsecretmacgui
  • Reply 6 of 8
    sog35sog35 Posts: 12,385member
    Mikeymike said:
    Man, this makes me sad.
    then you must be a sad person.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 1,228member
    This stuff doesn't at all get me to want to sign up to Apple Music. The whole $10 a month price point everyone has,.. it's just lame. These days I just don't tune into a lot of music. Why not have a $5 a month option and limit the hours or something. These days I tune into a lot of audio blogs or Amazon Prime Music for free which is part of being a Prime Member. The catalog is not as large but it's more then good enough for my use. In fact I haven't even tuned into Amazon for a while. I still really don't get this video stuff for what is really a Music Streaming Service. It really seems like a weak attempt to get into Video for Apple. It'snot even a Original concept by Apple. They just paid for the rights to do it themselves which makes it even more weak. Is Apple even trying these days?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 3,214member
    jbdragon said:
    This stuff doesn't at all get me to want to sign up to Apple Music. The whole $10 a month price point everyone has,.. it's just lame. These days I just don't tune into a lot of music. Why not have a $5 a month option and limit the hours or something. These days I tune into a lot of audio blogs or Amazon Prime Music for free which is part of being a Prime Member. The catalog is not as large but it's more then good enough for my use. In fact I haven't even tuned into Amazon for a while. I still really don't get this video stuff for what is really a Music Streaming Service. It really seems like a weak attempt to get into Video for Apple. It'snot even a Original concept by Apple. They just paid for the rights to do it themselves which makes it even more weak. Is Apple even trying these days?
    Why not fuck up artists even more... Why not, they should not have the right to eat.
    Can't believe the things I hear!!

    If you don't need it, buy the songs and that's it. You can buy 5 songs for $5.

    I used to spend $100 a month buying music and people like you are complaining about fracking $10 bucks a month!!
Sign In or Register to comment.