Blue & White G3, 1 GB Ram, highly upgraded for sale. Enjoy!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is for a computer that I hesitate to put on ebay. I'm not sure they deserve such a nice computer on their system. So instead I am putting it here first. For all inquiries/offers please email me at: [email protected]

If I get no offers. Up on ebay it goes. <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2058092381"; target="_blank">Similar systems</a> seem to go for about $600 so lets make offers in the appropriate ballpark. If I don't have what I figure it's worth in a few days, I'll just list it on ebay. Just FYI I bought the system in Fall of 1999 and the total cost came up over $3,000.

This is a Blue & White G3 400.

I have upgraded it as follows.

Ram: 1 GB (that?s right, 1000 MB). [it came with a pathetic 128mb]

Hard Drive: It has an IBM 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive [it shipped with an 8 gb]

Zip: Iomega 250(brand new!) [it shipped with a Zip 100]

Optical Drive: Your choice! [shipped with plain CDROM drive]

Apple CDRW (pulled from new G4 digital audio edition), or

Apple DVD RAM drive (also new system pull).

Graphics Card: ATI Rage 128 (With DVD decoder chip for the DVD RAM drive)

Rom: All firmware updates applied.

Additional:

I have added an Adaptec SCSI card to it so that I could plug in an external Hard Drive. This also has a SCSI adapter that I?ll include.

I am also including the G-Port adapter, which can be installed in place of the modem. It adds a fully functional Serial port in your modem slot.

[more details about the G-Port <a href="http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/gport/index.html"; target="_blank">here</a>]

This has the obvious 2 USB, 1 ADB, 2 Firewire, 10/100 Ethernet, 56K Global Village Modem, Headphone Out, and Microphone In.

This was my personal system and has been upgraded a ton (as you can see) and is in EXCELLENT shape! I have taken great care of it. I can take pictures and email them to you if you like. To answer a few questions in advance?

Yes! It runs Jaguar (Very well!). Yes! It comes with burned CDRs of all system disks. Yes! I insure all packages I mail out. Yes! I guarantee it will arrive in excellent working order. Yes! I?ll accept a money order if you mail it overnight to me. Yes! I mail with tracking numbers from UPS. Yes! I know it is a sweet and greatly coveted system. Yes! The exterior of the computer has been cleaned and the inside air dusted out. Yes! The PRAM battery has been replaced with a nice new one.

No! I will not ship this to Afghanistan, Iraq, Cuba, India, Israel, North or South Korea, China or Saudi Arabia. No! I don?t have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor for this (I needed them for my new computer!). No! I don?t accept personal checks. No! I can?t wait two weeks until you get paid so you can buy this. No! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this computer.

<a href="http://www.apple-history.com/quickgallery.html?where=g3blue.html"; target="_blank">URL for more info and pictures</a>

Payment via PayPal or Money Order.

Hope one of you finds a dream system at a good price. I will be ready to ship it just about any day now. Thanks guys!

PS, please tell everyone you know about this and try to help me find a new home for my awsome Yosemite computer. I really have loved it SOOO much.