Where to get tech news these days without political propaganda?

Posted:
in PoliticalOutsider
Engadget? Nope.
The Verge? Nope.
Ars Technica? Nope.
Gizmodo? HUGE NOPE.

I'm conservative but I respect liberal perspective. UNTIL IT'S SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT 24/7. Seriously, you'd think the elite left that own and run our media outlets would realize the reason Trump was elected was because the general population was sick and tired of having liberal ideology shoved in their faces everywhere they went and hence maybe the elite left would, you know, stop doing it.

If I go to a website to read about the latest gadget, please just let me read about the latest gadget. Ugh.

Is there a safe place (or "safe space" using my liberal friends' lexicon) left on the web to read technology news and only technology news?

I'm also tired of the latest fad to load as much profanity into your tech writing as possible. Stinking hipsters. I think Gizmodo Inc. writers get a per-F-bomb bonus on each article.
SpamSandwichtallest skil

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    With companies as large as Apple, Google, and Facebook, there's going to be intersection, and there's a certain unavoidability. Find writers you like, and stick with them as best as you can, regardless of venue.

Good luck in your quest.
    edited March 20 tallest skil
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Find writers you like, and stick with them as best as you can, regardless of venue.
    Seems harder and harder to find tech writers that aren't liberal (which I have no problem with) and insist on cramming their political views on me in tech-related news (which I do have a problem with).

Forgot to add to my list Daring Fireball. :(
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sphericspheric Posts: 1,161member
    When reality has a liberal bias, perhaps it's just time to recalibrate. 
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Find writers you like, and stick with them as best as you can, regardless of venue.
    Seems harder and harder to find tech writers that aren't liberal (which I have no problem with) and insist on cramming their political views on me in tech-related news (which I do have a problem with).

Forgot to add to my list Daring Fireball. :(
    Gruber is absolutely insufferable now, but most sites have gone downhill. I pulled up The Verge by accident last week and couldn't figure out if it was a tech site or some kind of "RESIST TRUMP!" fan club. 

Apart from DED, AI's mostly stayed out of it. iMore was also still clear last I checked. For general tech stuff...it's getting harder. 
    tallest skilSpamSandwich
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 41,155member
    spheric said:
    When reality has a liberal bias
    Which is never, as proven by every scientific study in every field.
    perhaps it's just time to recalibrate. 
    Get a clue, coward. You run and hide every time fact that hurts your feelings is posted. Fact that destroys your worldview? BLOCKED! Fact that contradicts your upbringing? HIDDEN! Any classical liberal would spit in your face. Classical liberals supported policies which had a particular goal. When the goal was not reached, because the policy was wrong-headed, the policy was changed.What we have now is a group of liberals who do not change policies, instead asserting some deontological basis of morality in the policy itself, which is some mutant form of the liberalism which today we call “classical.” The reality is that lots of classical liberals changed their positions on liberalism throughout their lifetime because their specific proposals were never supposed to be viewed as the pillars of some hidebound morality in and of themselves.
    Gizmodo? HUGE NOPE.
    Remember, of course, that these were the people who stole the iPhone 4 prototype from Apple. They’re part of… what was it, Gawker? Which went bankrupt to the tune of a hundred million dollars for releasing Hulk Hogan’s sex tape, refusing to take it down after court order, and libeling him throughout.

THIS IS HOW LIBERALS BEHAVE. This is why I use the term ‘mental illness’ to define them. Assertion of deontological basis of morality in their policies–only moreso–when they are inevitably proven wrong.

But what have I done… I’m sorry. You want tech without politics. But what can you expect? Either the corporation tries to sell itself to the braindead zombie generation and writes like social media has (purposefully, dialectically) taught them to write to get as many clicks as possible–free of substance and full of emotion–or… what, you go to Patently Apple and just read the patent applications or straight to a corporate PR page to see the newest developments. I think I have something more written up on this topic somewhere, but it’d be political.
    edited March 23
  • Reply 6 of 6
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 761member
    I don't see much of what you are commenting on here in particular. There is a specific sub forum for that stuff which I never visit.

Politics can creep into editorials but they are clearly marked as such and I have no problem with that. I know what could pop up in those pieces and its my call to read them or not. After all, they are clearly marked as opinion articles.

On DED in particular, his style is not my style but I'm totally OK with it if I know it's an opinion piece. I sometimes pop into the comments and pick apart part of the content of an article but I try not to dissect everything because, even with all the bias, it's still an opinion and labelled that way. I could have ignored not from the get go if I want.

Maybe for the other sites you mention, the political side gets rammed down your throat and I can understand how irritating that must be, but to be honest I haven't had that sensation here. It's true that I don't have time to read everything though.