Two more switchers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My aunt is getting the LCD iMac (DVD-Combo)

She's stunned by the look of the iMac. She said it's a piece of art......also amazed by the ability to get multiple language support with ease. Especially in Chinese inputs.

Plus using my friend's traditional "knock down the price" policy she has no excuse not to own it

Going to pick it up tonite. But I will leave it in my house for a few days. I need to play with it

Second......my brother.....is making a switch but he hasn't decided which one to go for. I told him to wait.......

So...as the result there will be total of 3 members (myself included) in the family of 38 people who are Mac user.....8%......higher than Apple's market shared

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Well, I just converted my brother and his wife. Actually, MS converted them by their restrictive license agreement which my brother refused to accept and I told him about the thread here where alcimedes talked about MS changing the licensing agreement while saying that agreeing to it was the only way to receive a critical security update. He was not pleased.

So, he came up a couple weekends later and bought two iBooks. That makes 3 other Macs in my family. 7 people and 4 macs? Not too bad.

edit: I forgot to add that he was also very impressed with the ability to input foreign language with so little fuss. (Thanks ZO!) I think Apple may have a killer feature for the international community.

[ 10-16-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 8
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    I've converted 3 people so far and last night maybe "2" more. All in about 2 months!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

• Reply 3 of 8
    Just got my co-worker (PC Programmer) to buy the PC iPod today.

Score: 3 Mac switchers, 2 Mac switchers pending, 1 iPod switcher
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by JPF:

<strong>Just got my co-worker (PC Programmer) to buy the PC iPod today.

Score: 3 Mac switchers, 2 Mac switchers pending, 1 iPod switcher</strong><hr></blockquote>

CORRECTION:

Score: 3 Mac switchers, 2 Mac switchers pending, 2 iPod switchers (one of the Mac switchers also bought a 20 GIG Mac iPod)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Correction:

I forgot to mention my dad has a Graphite iMac....

So that turns to total of 4 people using Mac
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I am proud to report my first ever switcher. One of my best friends, transferring out of state was looking into a laptop. His original plan was a gateway. I introduced him to the powerbook. A couple of days later, he comes to me with a ton of mac questions, and I answer them the best of my ability. The following day, he tells me he decided on the tiBook and the 17 inch cinema display. My first switcher ^_^
  • Reply 7 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, in my family of four people, there is one PC and nine Macs. So a 25% share for PCs and a whopping 225% share for Macs. If you count my grandparents as well, that adds four more people and three more Macs. So 12 Macs, 1 PC, and 8 people. 8.3% PCs and 150% Macs. Not bad at all.

Of course, that figure may be padded a bit by the fact that my brother owns four computers - a blue G3, a Quadra 950, and two SEs. If you don't count the SEs (which he never uses), it's still 10 Macs for 8 people. And he DOES use the Quadra 950 quite often. When he's playing a game or watching a movie on his G3, he uses the Quadra for AIM and surfing. He also uses it as a guest computer for when he has friends over. And it's good for networked Avara games.