AAPL price crushes old record, cruises past $1,000 pre-split per-share price

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    lkrupp said:
    Apple now worth $.75 Trillion.
    Any guesses on how long to the 1 Trillion $ mark?
  • Reply 22 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member

Fatman said:
    If you are an Apple fanboy (likely if you read these posts) Become an owner of Apple make some money in dividends - and get a piece of the profit from the dollars you spend on YOUR company's products. Would be great if they offered discounts to shareholders ... I may suggest that for next proxy.
    Nice thought but the dividends to really buy a lot of Apple toys anyway :)
  • Reply 23 of 29
    sog35 said:
    eriamjh said:
    One should be as dismissive of random spikes UP in AAPL's price as one is of random drops.  

While I still believe AAPL is undervalued as a stock and has lot's of room to grow if it were held to the same standards as other companies, I did not detect any news directly related to this jump.  

Overall, it continues to rise slowly, but surely.  
    One analyst predicted a $200 share price in a couple years.

Like I said in January, this will reach $150 this year, easy.
    Please shut up, with your nonsensical stock pronouncements. You have zero credibility in this forum on that topic or in your opinions about Cook. 

There's no law against it, I know, but there should be. 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 24 of 29
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    eriamjh said:
    One should be as dismissive of random spikes UP in AAPL's price as one is of random drops.  

While I still believe AAPL is undervalued as a stock and has lot's of room to grow if it were held to the same standards as other companies, I did not detect any news directly related to this jump.  

Please shut up, with your nonsensical stock pronouncements. You have zero credibility in this forum on that topic or in your opinions about Cook. 

The only reason my prediction of the stock reach $150 did not come true in 2015 was because massive manipulation by call options sellers and a massive financial crisis in China, and Apple not able to push out a full updated phone in 2016. I'm sorry but those type of macro events are things no one can predict. If those macro events did not happen, the stock would have easily hit $150 in 2015.

Regardless it will hit it this year, and I'll be proven right.

Timing the market is pretty much impossible. But knowing the direction is the key. I knew Apple was going up up and up. This was even when the stock was $90 last year.
    If you were so sure it would hit $150 why did you sell 70% of your shares.
    SpamSandwichwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 29
    The market is simply recognizing that the iOS-OSX ecosystem is miles ahead of any competition, for years to come...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 29
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    eriamjh said:

The only reason my prediction of the stock reach $150 did not come true in 2015 was because massive manipulation by call options sellers and a massive financial crisis in China, and Apple not able to push out a full updated phone in 2016. I'm sorry but those type of macro events are things no one can predict. If those macro events did not happen, the stock would have easily hit $150 in 2015.

Timing the market is pretty much impossible. But knowing the direction is the key. I knew Apple was going up up and up. This was even when the stock was $90 last year.
    Its called reallocation. 

But since then I loaded up on more shares. So I'm at about 50% of my full position in the past. 

IMO, its just not a good move to have 50% of your portfolio in one company. I was too heavy Apple so I sold alot of it once it reached a reasonable price at about $135

Its still by far my biggest holding. But frankly holding it at $144 is much more risky holding it at $90.
    Sell low, buy high- sounds like you know what you're doing.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    carnegiecarnegie Posts: 1,078member
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    eriamjh said:

Its called reallocation. 

But since then I loaded up on more shares. So I'm at about 50% of my full position in the past. 

IMO, its just not a good move to have 50% of your portfolio in one company. I was too heavy Apple so I sold alot of it once it reached a reasonable price at about $135

Its still by far my biggest holding. But frankly holding it at $144 is much more risky holding it at $90.
    I bought at $75 about 4 years ago.

I sold some at $135 last month, but then rebought at $127 this month.

My Apple strategy is to have a core holdings that i don't sell (had these since 2012)
    Then more temporary holdings where I buy when there are dips, and sell when there are peaks.
    Plus I'm also selling some call options.
    This month meaning March?

AAPL hasn't traded at (or even near) $127 at any point in March. It hasn't traded that low since Apple released its first quarter earnings results at the end of January.

• Reply 28 of 29
    carnegie said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    eriamjh said:

Its called reallocation. 

I bought at $75 about 4 years ago.

I sold some at $135 last month, but then rebought at $127 this month.

My Apple strategy is to have a core holdings that i don't sell (had these since 2012)
    Then more temporary holdings where I buy when there are dips, and sell when there are peaks.
    Plus I'm also selling some call options.
    This month meaning March?

AAPL hasn't traded at (or even near) $127 at any point in March. It hasn't traded that low since Apple released its first quarter earnings results at the end of January.

Proof that he's full of crap.