Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

Posted:
in General Discussion

Boomshakalaka.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Oh, yeah. Looks fantastic and I'm glad it really gives nothing away.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Incidentally, I cannot believe I'm the only person here who has commented on this. I'm watching the livestream of Star Wars Celebration Orlando as I write this.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    Yeah, i thought more people would be psyched about it = P
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 4 of 9
    singularitysingularity Posts: 1,328member
    jSnively said:
    I've almost given up on star wars. Rogue one has been the only decent sw film since empire.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 5 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I've almost given up on star wars. Rogue one has been the only decent sw film since empire.
    Oh, finally. Something on which we agree. Too bad it's not something that matters.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    jSnively said:
    Episode VII was so much better than both Rogue One and RotJ... this looks great 👍 
  • Reply 7 of 9
    spheric said:
    Episode VII was so much better than both Rogue One and RotJ... this looks great 👍 
    Seven was so painfully clichéd. When watching it with my father, he was able to point out what would happen next nearly two dozen times. It got to the point where I had to ask him if he'd seen it before. "No, it's just obvious," he said. "There's no effort being put into real tension or emotion, so the ship is obviously going to slide right to the very edge of cliff before it stops…"
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    I agree VII wasn't the best, but i think it was the best we were going to get after the prequels. They needed something safe to reboot with. Rogue One though... holy crap that movie is a mess. Yes VII was cliche and predictable and a retread story wise, Rogue One was kind of just a bad movie. It had some good cinematography, but pretty much everything else was a disaster.

On a related note, the trailer for Battlefront 2 that hit yesterday looks great.

edited April 2017
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jSnively said:
    It had some good cinematography, but pretty much everything else was a disaster.
    Yeah, Rogue One was gorgeous, and I was particularly impressed with the CGI Grand Moff Tarkin. I think Peter Cushing would have been proud of the work and the characterization given. I also really liked how the "bad guys" won and every main character died. Particularly because of certain elements in production, that stuck out as being a great thing to me. As for Battlefront, I trust EA as far as I can throw the corporate headquarters. The buildings, not any one person. If Disney wasn't out for malicious acts, they'd revoke EA's exclusivity deal and open up the franchise to all developers.