Tonight: Join AppleInsider in New York City for a special Apple Pro discussion at Adorama

Posted:
in General Discussion edited May 2017
This evening, May 1st, AppleInsider's Daniel Eran Dilger and Victor Marks will be appearing at Adorama's flagship store in New York City to meet with professional Apple users and discuss the current state of the company's high-end hardware. Join us for the discussion, adult refreshments, and a chance to win great prizes like a brand new 9.7-inch iPad (2017).

The event kicks off tonight Monday, May 1st at 6:00 p.m. at Adorama's Flagship NYC Retail Store in Manhattan, located at 42 West 18th Street, between 5th and 6th avenues.

Wine and small bites will be available for attendees as they hear an open discussion on the state of professional Apple users. Register on our official Evenbrite page to let us know you're coming.

Following presentations from Dan and Victor, an open Q&A will address everything from the effectiveness of Apple's current pro offerings, to the company's recent disclosures on the future of iMac and Mac Pro.

What would your dream Mac Pro look like? What would a revamped iMac require to become your desktop of choice? How do current state-of-the-art MacBook Pros and integrated accessories factor into the mix? Is the iPad Pro truly a pro-level machine? We'll discuss these topics and more as we take your questions live at the home of Apple authorized reseller Adorama next Monday.

In addition, AppleInsider and Adorama are giving those in attendance the chance to win great prizes, including a brand new 9.7-inch iPad with A9 processor. This totally free event kicks off TONIGHT, May 1 at 6:00 p.m. -- we hope to see you there!

ronnjSnively

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Dream MacBook Pro? Every legacy port and technology since day one. To wit, NuBus, ADB, SCSI, RS-232, USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt, headphone jack, HDMI, VGA, SVGA, mini-Display, RCA analog, S-Video, eSATA, big enough case to have all those ports, no dongles needed, 128GB DRAM, 200TB SSD, 8K AMOLED Touchscreen. Have I missed anything? And I won’t pay a dime more than $999 for it. 
    macxpressanomeRacerhomieXfastasleep
  • Reply 2 of 19
    nhughesnhughes Posts: 770editor
    lkrupp said:
    Dream MacBook Pro? Every legacy port and technology since day one. To wit, NuBus, ADB, SCSI, RS-232, USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt, headphone jack, HDMI, VGA, SVGA, mini-Display, RCA analog, S-Video, eSATA, big enough case to have all those ports, no dongles needed, 128GB DRAM, 200TB SSD, 8K AMOLED Touchscreen. Have I missed anything? And I won’t pay a dime more than $999 for it. 
    My dream iPad Pro remains this concept from 2009. Don't stop believin'.

ronnjSnivelyRacerhomieXbaconstang
  • Reply 3 of 19
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,796member
    If those are actual photos of the place its very nice inside. Very well done!
  • Reply 4 of 19
    macxpress said:
    Yes, that's their new dedicated Apple section. It's very nice.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    lkrupp said:
    I know you're joking but some of the legacy ports are actually available still for the new MacBook Pro. Yes, sometimes with a dongle, but at least Apple doesn't have to figure out how to physically install it. You can get a USB-C to RS232 (Serial) cable. Obviously, there's Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, dongles etc. I know people think its a money pit for dongles, but I still think the way Apple designed the MacBook Pro with USB-C ports you can plug nearly everything into it, old, very old, or new(er). To me, its the most versatile MacBook Pro in quite a while. I guess maybe I'm just taking the glass half-full approach while others see it as half-empty. 
    edited April 2017
  • Reply 6 of 19
    ronnronn Posts: 652member
    macxpress said:
    Yes. Great place for Apple products and photogs.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Adorama? No, thanks. They screwed me once back in the 80s when they only did photographic equipment and I swore I would never give them another penny. Yes, I hold grudges very well.
    ronn
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Adorama? No, thanks. They screwed me once back in the 80s when they only did photographic equipment and I swore I would never give them another penny. Yes, I hold grudges very well.
    I guess so...eventually everyone screws you over in some way. I think you need to let go. People and companies change...especially with that much of a time frame. 
  • Reply 9 of 19
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    nhughes said:
    macxpress said:
    How did you guys manage to set up this deal? Also, you should consider live streaming the event over Periscope, YouTube and/or Facebook Live.
    edited April 2017 ronn
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,837administrator
    nhughes said:
    macxpress said:
    How did you guys manage to set up this deal? Also, you should consider live streaming the event over Periscope, YouTube and/or Facebook Live.
    I'll pass that on to the powers that be.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    ronnronn Posts: 652member
    Damn, thought I held a grudge. Probably no one even still around from that era. Although I'll never use ShittyBank because they screwed me over more than 25 years ago, so I understand.
    baconstang
  • Reply 12 of 19
    anomeanome Posts: 1,531member
    lkrupp said:

You forgot a self contained coal-fired power plant so that you never have to recharge any batteries.

Oh, and the Apple Video Connectors, like the HDI-45  from the early Power Macintosh line, and that one from the G4 Tower that did power as well as data. And, of course, Geoport.

• Reply 13 of 19
    nhughes said:
    lkrupp said:

That had better be a Blu-Ray drive!
  • Reply 14 of 19
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    nhughes said:
    lkrupp said:

I think it's a 45 RPM vinyl disc.
    anome
  • Reply 15 of 19
    a.s.k.a.s.k. Posts: 1member
    My dream MacBook Pro would be maxed out with 64GB DRAM, 8TB SSD, ability to sync my iPad for drawing via bluetooth, killer graphics, an optional powered-by-MBP case to eliminate the dongle issue -- and be available in gold. Yeah, I'm a girl. :)
    baconstang
  • Reply 16 of 19
    nhughes said:
    lkrupp said:

I think it's a 45 RPM vinyl disc.
    It's a LaserDisc.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    baconstangbaconstang Posts: 1,099member
    About a year ago I purchased a loaded iMac 5K from them.  It was a good deal, and with the money I saved I was able to pick up 16GB of RAM and a TB2 dock.
    You might want to give them a second chance.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    nhughes said:
    macxpress said:
    Please post to your YouTube site.  Thx
  • Reply 19 of 19
    k2kw said:
    nhughes said:
    macxpress said:
    Please post to your YouTube site.  Thx
    It's available on Adorama's YouTube channel here: