Tim Cook to appear on CNBC's 'Mad Money with Jim Cramer' for third consecutive spring

Posted:
in AAPL Investors
Apple CEO Tim Cook will take to "Mad Money with Jim Cramer" Wednesday evening on CNBC to discuss Apple's latest earnings, and the future of Apple.

The interview with Cramer will be Cook's third in three years. Previous topics of conversation have spanned the company's expansion into China, Apple's "next frontiers," the company's battles with the FBI, and Apple's seasonal earnings impacts that occur every year at this time.

"We're always paranoid. We live paranoid. We always want the very best product. And so if we're not beating someone else we're trying to beat the thing that we have currently shipping," said Cook in a call-in appearance in 2015 on the show. "Everybody here lives on edge."

In 2016, Cook noted that Apple had to stand up for consumer privacy, and trust the system to reach the correct conclusions. As in past comments on the matter, Cook said the wider encryption debate needed to be discussed and decided upon by lawmakers and experts, not courts.

The appearance airs at 6:00 pm. Eastern time. In previous years, videos of the appearance have appeared a short time after the airing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Jim seems unstable.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    ireland said:
    Jim seems unstable.
    He’s essentially a financial entertainer. His onscreen persona attracts viewers. Some of the other people on CNBC are just as animated. There’s one guy who yells at the top of his lungs all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Jim Cramer's stock advice should be a leading counter-indicator of how to invest.
    Soli
  • Reply 5 of 10
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Ever since Cramer admitted he manipulates AAPL by putting out fake news, I lost whatever shred of respect I had for this clown.  He is what's wrong with Wall Street, the difference being is that Cramer is at least a bit more up front about it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Jim Cramer's stock advice should be a leading counter-indicator of how to invest.
    Nope. He's right most of the time. And I like the guy. He knows what he's doing with his gongs and stuff. Most people are afraid of investing. He's trying to take the edge off it for people.
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 7 of 10
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    sflocal said:
    Ever since Cramer admitted he manipulates AAPL by putting out fake news, I lost whatever shred of respect I had for this clown.  He is what's wrong with Wall Street, the difference being is that Cramer is at least a bit more up front about it.
    Where did he say that?
    anantksundaram
  • Reply 8 of 10
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Cramer is -- believe it or not -- one of the more sane and sensible people in the financial news business. His command of facts, wide knowledge of individual companies and their performance drivers, access to CEOs, and sense of humor are, I think, unparalleled in the business.

If you can get past his hyperventilated persona, that is. 
    edited May 2017
  • Reply 9 of 10
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    ireland said:
    Jim seems unstable.

Hence, "Mad" Money!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    melgross said:
    sflocal said:
    Where did he say that?
    Not this time. Right around the release of the iPhone.