Knightsbridge Singapore Apple store cover removed, showing first glimpses of interior

Posted:
in General Discussion
The cladding surrounding the new Apple store at Singapore's Knightsbridge shopping center has been removed, and the interior of the location has been seen for the first time.

The store's interior is clearly part of Apple's new retail design, with a large open showroom, and interior greenery. Dozens of the now-standard Fetzer Architectural Woodwork tables -- or locally sourced ones very similar to them -- adorn the store, and the demo stations appear to be all installed and ready for consumers.

When the pictures were taken by the Straits Times, employee training and tours were in progress.

Word of Apple's first outlet serving the Singapore market arrived in late 2015 when the location's previous tenant, Pure Fitness, revealed it was closing to make space for the iPhone maker. At the time, reports claimed Apple would open its doors to customers at some point in 2016.

The Knightsbridge location is Apple's first retail store in Singapore. The location opens on May 27.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Anyone know what the three icons mean? Apple Heart Circle
  • Reply 2 of 10

"We love our new HQ"  Maybe they are jealous that they are thousands of miles away from it.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Apple Loves Singapore.

Singapore is known as the "little red dot".  It's so small that on maps it's typically indicated just as a dot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_red_dot
    randominternetpersonbloggerblog
  • Reply 4 of 10
    LoneStar88LoneStar88 Posts: 325member
    What an incredibly long way from the cheesey "Apple Authorized Dealer" days!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    holyoneholyone Posts: 398member
    Thanks for the chuckle @ Randominternetperson :D. Is it just me or is the Apple logo on the side wall of the new stores all kinds of cool, it's so clean yet loud, like showing off unintentionally, I wish Apple would spend some of its vast cash horde on installing one of these everywhere they have a dedicated web domain, they don't all have to be huge like this one but built the same, with the same architectural language, I mean Apple has so much money it's buying it self, come on.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Apple Loves Singapore.

Singapore is known as the "little red dot".  It's so small that on maps it's typically indicated just as a dot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_red_dot

Great first post!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,020member
    What an incredibly long way from the cheesey "Apple Authorized Dealer" days!
    I remember those days. I forgot what they were called but there was a chain of them here in the Bay Area. Pre iMac/Steve's return, my father and I would go once every few months to see what was new and oogle over what was new hardware and software wise. The staff always seemed so stuck up, like they were so cool for carrying Apple products.
    bloggerblog
  • Reply 8 of 10
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    Man that is a really nice looking store. Someone is doing a really good job designing and laying out these newer stores.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I had no idea there is a Knightsbridge in Singapore. 

Live and learn.  
  • Reply 10 of 10
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    macxpress said:
    Man that is a really nice looking store. Someone is doing a really good job designing and laying out these newer stores.
    Yet, you wouldn't know it when they talk about Ahrend who is responsible for retail, especially at Macrumour, it is 100% negative about her.