Apple updates Logic Pro X with more Drummer options, Alchemy enhancements

Posted:
in Mac Software
Apple on Tuesday updated Logic Pro X, its digital audio workstation, with a group of new features as well as various bugfixes.

The upgraded software includes extra "Pop," "Songwriter," and "Latin" Drummers, according to Apple. New Drummer loops can be added to a song and tweaked using performance controls.

The pitch of an audio region, meanwhile, can now be tuned or transposed, and individual steps in the Arpeggiator plug-in can be changed. Alchemy improvements include additive effects, and an automatic time align feature for morphing.

Apple is also promising a more responsive user interface in general, and fixes for Low Latency Mode beyond the first two outputs. Lastly, volume automation should reset as intended when a cycle starts over.

For existing owners, the update is a free download through the Mac App Store. Logic Pro X is $199.99 new, and requires OS X 10.11 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MisterKitMisterKit Posts: 495member
    Apple has handled the Logic acquisition and further development in stellar fashion. It is really a wonderful program and in the league with the industry's best. The cost of only $199 is an insane bargain. Can't wait to download the update.
    sphericmacky the mackySpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    MisterKit said:
    Apple has handled the Logic acquisition and further development in stellar fashion. It is really a wonderful program and in the league with the industry's best. The cost of only $199 is an insane bargain. Can't wait to download the update.
    I agree.  

Talking of Logic sorry OT, I love the ability to use an analog style speed change with pitch change so easily and quickly (as opposed to without pitch change which was so amazing in its day lol) since you can correct the pitch of old material altered due to tape machine motor inaccuracies.  However, saving that corrected version seems ridiculously complex.  There appears to be no equivalent of Aperture's 'save version', instead I have to jump through twenty hoops.  Has any Logic user found a simple and fast way to simply save out the pitch corrected version?  I have to believe I am missing something here!
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 3 of 7
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    MacPro said:
    MisterKit said:
    I agree.  

Talking of Logic sorry OT, I love the ability to use an analog style speed change with pitch change so easily and quickly (as opposed to without pitch change which was so amazing in its day lol) since you can correct the pitch of old material altered due to tape machine motor inaccuracies.  However, saving that corrected version seems ridiculously complex.  There appears to be no equivalent of Aperture's 'save version', instead I have to jump through twenty hoops.  Has any Logic user found a simple and fast way to simply save out the pitch corrected version?  I have to believe I am missing something here!
    Control-click "bounce in place"?
    dysamoria
  • Reply 4 of 7
    spheric said:
    MacPro said:
    MisterKit said:
    I agree.  

That was the first thing I tried  ...  saved it out ... back to original wrong pitch!  I'll try again though, maybe I screwed up somehow.  Thanks.
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    MacPro said:
    spheric said:
    MacPro said:
    MisterKit said:
    I agree.  

That was the first thing I tried  ...  saved it out ... back to original wrong pitch!  I'll try again though, maybe I screwed up somehow.  Thanks.
    Other possible option: select the region, solo it, and bounce via the master channel strip?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    spheric said:
    MacPro said:
    spheric said:
    MacPro said:
    MisterKit said:
    I agree.  

Other possible option: select the region, solo it, and bounce via the master channel strip?
    I'll have fun today ;)  I tried that too.  There is a way but as I mentioned it is very complex.  It just seems like a "Save version' option would be so cool!  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6896746?start=0&tstart=0
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 7 of 7
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Bounce dialog has options for including or excluding FX. Are any of them relevant to what you're trying to do?