What does it mean that MWSF will have two keynotes?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
MacNN reported that in addition to Steve Jobs giving a keynote at MWSF, Philip Shiller will also give a keynote on "The Power of X".

To me this sounds like Jobs has so much to cover in his keynote that he can't fit in the topic that Schilller will discuss. All that's left for updates are iMacs and Powermacs (maybe eMacs), so how will Jobs fill up a whole keynote?

Perhaps the Powermac 970 introduction will be what takes up all that time?

Is it even unusual to have a VP give a second keynote?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>MacNN reported that in addition to Steve Jobs giving a keynote at MWSF, Philip Shiller will also give a keynote on "The Power of X".

To me this sounds like Jobs has so much to cover in his keynote that he can't fit in the topic that Schilller will discuss. All that's left for updates are iMacs and Powermacs (maybe eMacs), so how will Jobs fill up a whole keynote?

Perhaps the Powermac 970 introduction will be what takes up all that time?

Is it even unusual to have a VP give a second keynote?</strong><hr></blockquote>

weird, because jobs normally fills his keynote with OS X lately...perhaps 970, that could be why OS 9 won't run anymore, and it would definatly be a nice suprise. updating imacs/emac/powermac doesn't take THAT long if its nothing major...intresting, or maybe there is another digi device
  • Reply 2 of 7
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Both Schiller and Avie have been doing Power of X keynotes at shows for at least the past year or so. It's just an overview of X that is in much more detail than Jobs could or want to cover in the main keynote. Certainly not anything to do with so much hardware to announce that we need two keynotes!

Moving to GD....
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>perhaps 970, that could be why OS 9 won't run anymore</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple said in their announcement back in Sept that all new Macs will boot to OS X only. I don't think they are ready to roll the 970 across the board. That would make for one helluva keynote, though!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    The "970" is good, but I don't think Apple will roll out new hardware based on that CPU at MWSF03. People think to much these days.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Macworlds as well as pretty much every other convention, tend to have multiple keynote addresses. Microsoft has done Macworld keynotes before as well.. and they gave out these really cool portable FM radios there too.

It means nothing, someone just sent MacNN a press release, and like the pinnacles of journalism they are, they published it
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I believe that all new macs booting into OS X only would mean that all new models introduced after the new year would have this restriction, not all new macs produced after January 1st. That would not preclude a 970 introduction in the PowerMac line.

Ya think?