Random Unrelated Questions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I put all these here after watching anti-trust (its been a while since i last watched it) and made me think of these things, i put them together because i cannot see all of these deserving their own thread.

1) in the movie anti-trust, doesnt gary winston remind you of Steve Jobs at all?

2) they have awesome metal CD cases in the movie, can you get these in real life, they looked like a titanium look

3)How can i take a screen shot while a dvd is playing/paused to use as a desktop picture?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>3)How can i take a screen shot while a dvd is playing/paused to use as a desktop picture?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hard question, that one. The best I've come up with is a long and exacerbating (?) process:

- get a little quicktime plugin called mpeg2decoder or something.

- install it

- open your movie in quicktime player (you can only do this if you have the element installed). What works best is if you know in what .VOB file (for it will be one of those, these are on the dvd in the video_ts folder) the scene is from which you want the screen shot.

- if it is open, go tho the exact frame you want to save.

- choose, from file, EXPORT, choose 'movie to picture', press options, choose a file type and quality. OK.

You have a decent, quite high-res screenshot of your movie.

That's how I do it, it's a little cumbersome the first time, but then, what ain't...

• Reply 2 of 3
    1) Nope, I don't think so.

2) Yep. When the movie first came out there were other people asking the same question. They're hard to find and they're far more expensive than plastic jewels, but they do exist. They're either steel or aluminum.

3) Either futz with the DVD files as der Kopf said or use Snapz Pro X to capture it. The latter is far simpler.

[ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>3) Either futz with the DVD files as der Kopf said or use Snapz Pro X to capture it. The latter is far simpler.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

and far more expensive. and simple isn't always better. We should all, as a people, learn to use our brain once in a while. That includes, to a certain extent, myself.