Apple makes tenth beta of iOS 11 available to developers for iPhone, iPad

Posted:
in iPhone
A week after the last update, Apple has delivered the tenth developer's beta for iOS 11 with unspecified changes since the last update.

The most notable changes in iOS 11 overall are ARKit, back-end enhancements and an improved voice for Siri, plus Apple Pay and Photos services enhancements. The Do Not Disturb While Driving feature was introduced during the second beta. The tenth beta of iOS 11 has build number 15A5772a, with the previous having number 15A5370a -- the same numerical increment between this and the last build as between the previous two beta releases.

Apple declared that its next release event is on September 12. All four of Apple's operating systems in testing are expected to be released on or around the release event, with a 4K HDR Apple TV, plus the "iPhone 8," "iPhone 7s," and "iPhone 7s Plus" likely debuting as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ajl said:
    For those who maybe are interested to, Apple just released the iOS 11 Public beta 9 as well.
    I noticed that as well, good tip thanks!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    The Developer download web site is down...

Tho, you can download and update from the device.

Maybe an Xcode beta update, too!

• Reply 3 of 6
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    I'm getting all tingly waiting for the GM public release. I got out of the beta program mainly because of the constant updates. I decided that while it was good to get them it was tedious to keep installing them. 

Worse, it took some doing to get out of the program. Even though I deleted the token, I kept getting the betas. So now I'm content to wait. Well, maybe a bit anxious.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Hopefully, my case is an isolated one but iPad Pro 10.5 users beware Public Beta 9.

Downloading the update bricked my device. Got the dreaded iTunes restore screen and had to downgrade to 10.3.3.

*Update: Restore/downgrade to 10.3.3, re-enrolling the device in the beta program and then updating to Public Beta 9 from 10.3.3 (1.9GB download) seems to have done the trick. Was a bit of a PITA... my last backup was on Public Beta 8 last night.
    edited September 2017
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Is it just me or did Safari get worse on 9 and 10 ? The URL bar is overlaying with the time ?