Multitrack Audio Recording on Humble Mac..

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok I want to use my Rev B 300MHz iBook with 64MB ram as a sketchpad for writing and recording music with multiple layers and tracks. Most of the tracks will be recorded from guitars and bass. What should i do with this mac to prepare it and what software/hardware should i use to make it all possible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Also note, I'd like to keep costs down and I would only be needing one input for one track at a time.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Alright.

Hardware: the built-in mic (don't know if there even is one in that ancient 'book) will probably not suffice.

Buy an usb solution (Ã* la Griffin iMic - note: these aren't perfect either), and a mic, or an usb mic (if one exists).

That should set you up good enough hardware wise.

For software, as you have only 64 mb of ram I assume you're running os 8 or something, you should try to get your hands on SoundEdit Pro, an equally ancient app by macromedia, but one of the best apps I ever worked with. I believe this goes up to 8 tracks, but it might even be more. It is definitely the way to go.

Don't think it is sold anymore though, so not really sure as to how you should get it. You might PM me about it if you want.

These should set you up good enough.