Video: Safari credential AutoFill through Face ID on Apple's iPhone X

Posted:
in iPhone
If you've got iCloud Keychain and Safari's AutoFill turned on, Face ID on the iPhone X will let you quickly log into virtually any website.

Be sure to check out our full review of the iPhone X by Daniel Eran Dilger.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    bdtraderbdtrader Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    I cannot get this to work on my iPhone X in safari. It does it the old way. I have keychain on, safari autofill enabled. Any ideas?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Works like a charm πŸ™ŒπŸ½
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bdtraderbdtrader Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Hawk5263 said:
    I cannot get it to work. I logged out of iCloud and back in and that didn't help.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    this is now we get our toe in the water with contextual computing. our devices doing things based on who is using it, with no direct input required. face id is an important successor to touch id. 
    redgeminipauraharajony0
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bdtrader said:
    Hawk5263 said:
    I cannot get it to work. I logged out of iCloud and back in and that didn't help.
    Names and Passwords are enabled in Safari AutoFill settings?

Make sure you're not in Private Browsing mode. 

Make sure Safari is Enabled in iCloud settings as well.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Works for me on some websites but not others.  A little mysterious.  If I figure out something additional will post. 
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Mine works perfectly, even in private browsing mode πŸ‘
  • Reply 8 of 8
    duck383 said:
    Works for me on some websites but not others.  A little mysterious.  If I figure out something additional will post. 
    I believe the websites have to use HTML element that indicate username and password fields. Doesn’t work everywhere for this reason.