Jack White's Third Man Records gets special edition of Beats' Solo3 Wireless

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple's Beats on Thursday revealed a new color option for its Solo3 Wireless headphones, made for rocker Jack White's Third Man Records.

Though costing more than a regular Solo3 set, the Third Man Records Limited Edition comes in a unique black-and-yellow color scheme, with a matching braided cable and carrying case. Reflecting Third Man's vinyl focus, the headphones also come with a turntable adapter and a flexidisc for the Raconteurs song "Level."

Other cosmetic differences include Third Man logos on the inside of the headband, and three stripes above each earpiece.

Apple periodically releases special editions of Beats products -- in the case of the Solo3, the (RED) and the Neighborhood Collection. Only occasionally does it sell models with different accessories, such as the Balmain versions of the Powerbeats3 and Studio Wireless.

The Third Man Records Limited Edition can be preordered from the label's website for $329.95, and will ship Nov. 24.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    They look great, but I’ve never heard anyone in the “industry” praise Beats anything.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    They did, THE PRICE....
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Interesting tactic for Apple to allow customized Beats hardware for sale on a private web site. I wonder if they still handle all fulfillment? They probably do...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I've never heard a 1/4" plug called a "turntable adapter" before.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Also known as an "amp buddy".
  • Reply 6 of 10

Really?  I've always said  1/4" plug or guitar plug.  An amp buddy sounds like something I'd have to look up on urban dictionary (and then be grossed out).
    cornchip
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Used to be you paid a premium for Apple products and got premium build quality in return. Not so with Beats. My B&W P7 Wireless cans look and feel like a million bucks compared to their Beats equivalents. Real leather, real aluminum, real stainless steel. You’ve owned Beats long enough to start ramping up the quality of materials, Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 10

Really?  I've always said  1/4" plug or guitar plug.  An amp buddy sounds like something I'd have to look up on urban dictionary (and then be grossed out).
    It's not really known as that. I should've included a "/s"...
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 9 of 10
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Used to be you paid a premium for Apple products and got premium build quality in return. Not so with Beats. My B&W P7 Wireless cans look and feel like a million bucks compared to their Beats equivalents. Real leather, real aluminum, real stainless steel. You’ve owned Beats long enough to start ramping up the quality of materials, Apple.
    You would think that having Tomlinson Holman on staff would ensure that audio R&D and deployment would always be at the forefront of the industry. Guess he's too busy on the Homepod and AR development to be assigned to Beats.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member

In the 60s electronics world they were usually known as a phone plug from their original design purpose as patch cable plugs for the manual phone exchanges of the time.