Fifth developer beta releases of iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 available

Posted:
in macOS
After a break for Thanksgiving, Apple has issued new builds of iOS 11.2, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 and tvOS 11.2 to developers.

When finalized, the new operating system versions are expected to mark the public launch of Apple Pay Cash, which allows for peer-to-peer money transfers via the Messages app.

The third iOS 11.3 beta added a new display prompt when disabling Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center. Changes in iOS 11 leave those functions active for features such as Apple Watch connectivity, AirDrop and Continuity, but disable other connections to non-Apple devices and services.

In its finished form macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 will likely be a maintenance release with few added features other than support for introductory app pricing with auto-renewable subscriptions.

Earlier in the beta cycle, Apple fixed a Calculator bug, and incorporated a Now Playing widget for Apple TV media in Control Center. There are signs that AirPlay 2 may come to both the Apple TV and iOS devices soon, but so far only user interface changes have manifested themselves.

The iOS 11.2 beta also adds support for 7.5-watt wireless charging with Apple's latest handsets -- the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.

The fifth developer betas for three of Apple's four operating systems come more than a week after the last updates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Public beta 5 for iOS 11.2 is out now as well.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Can we have like maybe 3-4 devs test it on something OTHER than an iPhone X, please! I love my SE, but iOS 11 is a hot mess
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 3 of 13
    When do we get messages syncing via iCloud or did I miss something?
    matrix077
  • Reply 4 of 13
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    tvOS has some nasty bugs. Let’s hope they’ve been fixed. 
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I can't wait until Apple releases the tvOS update with the native picture option instead of forced Dolby Vision. 
    edited November 2017 matrix077
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Is this High Sierra beta also affected by the "root login bug"?

Hope they fix it really soon.

• Reply 7 of 13
    I can't wait until Apple releases the tvOS update with the native picture option instead of forced Dolby Vision. 
    It’s good but your TV can also get in the way. 
  • Reply 8 of 13
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    I wonder if it fixes this issue:

Not sure how legit this is, but people are apparently confirming it. 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 9 of 13
    macxpress said:

I can replicate it on MBP 2016 macOS 10.13.1.

Including the login as System Administrator using root+enter on login screen.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    To be fair you don't have to have that now. It's just inconvenient to have to switch back and forth between it and the optimal format setting for other programs. Even using Siri it takes up to 14 steps for me to switch in and out of it.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    mac_128 said:
    To be fair you don't have to have that now. It's just inconvenient to have to switch back and forth between it and the optimal format setting for other programs. Even using Siri it takes up to 14 steps for me to switch in and out of it.
    Sign up for the public beta. You'll have 11.2 in less than 15 minutes and it runs pretty smoothly.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    macxpress said:

It does not.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    What about APFS support for fusion drive macs?