Apple redesigns Support app for iPhone & iPad with 'Discover' tab, new look

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has released a major update of its Support app for iOS, making significant improvements to the user interface.

The biggest addition is a "Discover" tab, which highlights articles related to the devices a person owns. A person with an iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch tied to the same Apple ID may for instance see guides for the iOS 11 Control Center, the Files app, and starting a workout in watchOS 4.

Some of the items under Discover are "Collections," gathering together information on a broad subject.

The app as a whole now uses more white space, and includes a search bar at the top of a default "Get Support" tab. Tapping on a product will show articles broken up into "Popular Topics" and "More Topics."

Apple Support is a free download, and runs on any device with iOS 11 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    When I first clicked this article and saw the screen shot, I freaked out for a moment. My name is also Roger and I have those same three devices. For a moment, I thought, "Now how in the world is a screen shot of my phone showing up in this article?"  :o
    cincymacpatchythepiratealbegarc
  • Reply 2 of 7
    New UI is less interesting.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    didn’t realize apple had an app like this. turns out it’s because it’s only available in major countries for now.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I love the fact that this app is getting better.I have used it to get support multiple times.It has not disappointed me!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    didn’t realize apple had an app like this. turns out it’s because it’s only available in major countries for now.

Ditto! I didn't know they had an App like this!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    Wouldn't call Netherlands a major country  ;)
    The app is available from November 2016 onwards.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/11/08/apple-hardware-software-support-ios-app-now-available-in-the-netherlands
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Where are the tabs. Can’t find them in the App