iPhone X delivery times improve worldwide, down to 1-3 days in some markets

Posted:
in iPhone edited December 2017
Apple this weekend updated its regional online stores to reflect improvements in iPhone X availability, which is now shipping in as few as one to three days in some locations.

According to Apple's website, U.S. orders for all iPhone X models attached to AT&T, Sprint and Verizon networks, as well as SIM-free versions, deliver in 3 to 5 days, a marked improvement over recent ship-by estimates. Shipments of T-Mobile iPhone X units are pegged at nine days.

Lead times are even better in some international markets including Canada and China, which both show estimated delivery dates of 1 to 3 business days. European availability is akin to that of the U.S., with ship times in Germany and the UK pegged at 3 to 5 days, and France at nine days.

In-store pickup availability is also greatly improved from last week, with Apple outlets in major metropolitan areas like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh and Seattle showing the device as available to buy on Monday.

The stock updates are in line with expectations from KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who in a note to investors late last month said supply chain improvements were to thank for boosted retail channel density.

Specifically, Apple reportedly diversified LCP LTE antenna orders to a second manufacturer, while producers worked out production bottlenecks related to the dot projector used in iPhone X's TrueDepth camera system, a highly sophisticated and sensitive component that powers exclusive features like Face ID.

With parts now rolling in at a steady pace, Kuo believes Apple assembly partner Foxconn is pumping out between 450,000 to 550,000 iPhone X units per day, up from an estimated 50,000 to 150,000 units.

Apple last updated iPhone X shipping estimates at the end of November, when U.S. deliveries fell below one week for the first time since the device went up for preorder in October.

Pent up demand for a fully redesigned flagship iPhone led to a quick sellout of Apple's limited iPhone X launch supply, which was exhausted just ten minutes after preorders went live. Consumer interest in the device continued, pushing back ship-by times to well over one month. Within hours, iPhone X delivery estimates hit a high of 5 to 6 weeks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    Good news for anyone looking for an iPhone X. We’ll find out next month from Apple’s forecast how much of this is increased supply vs decreased demand. As a shareholder I’m hoping the former. 
    RacerhomieXwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 14
    kpom said:
    Good news for anyone looking for an iPhone X. We’ll find out next month from Apple’s forecast how much of this is increased supply vs decreased demand. As a shareholder I’m hoping the former. 
    Apple hasn’t modified their previous guidance, and with only three weeks left in the quarter I would expect revenue will be at least their $84 billion low end estimate.

If there were a demand problem, they would have backed down off their guidance for a record breaking quarter. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat. 
    edited December 2017 watto_cobrachiaequality72521lkrupp
  • Reply 3 of 14
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    kpom said:
    Apple hasn’t modified their previous guidance, and with only three weeks left in the quarter I would expect revenue will be at least their $84 billion low end estimate.

If there were a demand problem, they would have backed down off their guidance for a record breaking quarter. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat. 
    But do they constantly revised their guidance though? It seems to me this is silly if the company is constantly revising ( i.e updating the latest sales figures ).

iPhone 8 aren't doing good, luckily iPhone 7 has been picking up some slack. But the numbers for iPhone X doesn't look too good to me at all. But we have Xmas coming so let see if iPhone X made it on the gift list.

0.5M Unit per day, 30M Unit this quarter, ( iPhone X sales started a month late ) that is even assuming if the first few weeks were reaching 0.5M Unit production. So they are expecting to sell 45 to 50M unit of iPhone 7 / 8 ? Those aren't even doing great in China* or Japan.

* Doesn't mean sales decline, just the market is growing while Apple isn't.

So colour me sceptical, the super cycle they were expecting aren't there, and it is priced in at the current $AAPL.

• Reply 4 of 14
    Are there any other companies out there making mucho dollares on smartphones than Apple does?? Market shares does not mean much to investors like muah...lets see 
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Interesting how Apple has increase production 9-10X that November.  500K a day is a lot of X!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    ksec said:

iPhone 8 aren't doing good, 

iPhone 8 Plus is doing pretty good.

So you think Apple is doomed? Keep in mind iPhone X is the most expensive iPhone by some distance, if you expect it will sell like iPhone 6 Plus you're not realistic. Just looks at the price.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 7 of 14
    So all the (annual) predictions of massive iPhone X delays, spilling into mid 2018 were... just analyst bluster.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,005member
    I"m  NJ to NY commuter, and already am seeing a lot of X's on the bus...
    SoundJudgment
  • Reply 9 of 14
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,273member
    I was able to walk in a local Apple Store last week and get an X.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    ksec said:
    kpom said:

But do they constantly revised their guidance though? It seems to me this is silly if the company is constantly revising ( i.e updating the latest sales figures ).

iPhone 8 aren't doing good, luckily iPhone 7 has been picking up some slack. But the numbers for iPhone X doesn't look too good to me at all. But we have Xmas coming so let see if iPhone X made it on the gift list.

0.5M Unit per day, 30M Unit this quarter, ( iPhone X sales started a month late ) that is even assuming if the first few weeks were reaching 0.5M Unit production. So they are expecting to sell 45 to 50M unit of iPhone 7 / 8 ? Those aren't even doing great in China* or Japan.

So colour me sceptical, the super cycle they were expecting aren't there, and it is priced in at the current $AAPL.

How about some proof that isn’t internet propaganda?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ksec said:
    kpom said:

what do you mean the numbers don’t look good to you? Do you work inside Apple? How do you know what the numbers are? how do you know the eight isn’t doing good? 
  • Reply 12 of 14
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Once again we see bias raise its ugly head. Predictably critics say demand is weak and sales are down while fans say production is strong and so are sales. We have nothing to base any opinions on except for our biases. Gone are the days when Apple released updated actual sales figures ahead of quarterly reports. This started with the Watch and the doomsayers were immediate with their negative opinions. Meanwhile no other tech company (Samsung for example) reports sales numbers even in their quarterly reports, just revenue and profits. Somehow, though, Apple is supposed to be totally open about its sales for some reason. Why is that?
    chia
  • Reply 13 of 14

That's all I'm gonna say.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    matrix077 said:
    Keep in mind iPhone X is the most expensive iPhone by some distance, if you expect it will sell like iPhone 6 Plus you're not realistic. Just looks at the price.
    I don't look at the price. That's irrelevant: if someone wants to buy a new iPhone they should only need to see the uptick for the X versus the price of the 8. That's $200 for the larger models. Seeing that, I think the X is quite cheap for what you're getting extra with the X.
    edited December 2017