Apple Pay promotion gives Instacart purchasers free delivery through January 10

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2018
Apple has teamed up with Instacart, granting users free delivery -- assuming that they pay with Apple Pay.

The deal notification was sent to Apple Pay users in an email on Thursday morning, and is applicable to purchases made through the Instacart app. The free delivery is not applicable to all orders, and must be $35 or more.

Vendors that use Instacart for delivery include Wegmans, Whole Foods, Shoppers Food Mart, Giant, Costco Wholesale, Safeway, CVS, Price Rite marketplace, Harris Teeter, Petco and more.

Delivery fees depend on the size of an order, and the delivery window that the purchaser chooses. The free delivery bonus does not cover any "busy pricing" delivery fee for periods of high demand.

The Instacart app itself is free, requires iOS 9 or later, and occupies 107MB of device storage space.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Free delivery BUT they tack you w service charge....whatah
  • Reply 2 of 6
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Has anyone used this? I do see that Wegmans offers this now, but have never tried it. 
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    macxpress said:
    Has anyone used this? I do see that Wegmans offers this now, but have never tried it. 
    I've used it one before; worked as advertised.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    macxpress said:
    Here as well. Local Wegmans. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Ah, Costco…

Where else can you get your eyes tested and your wheels balanced in the same building?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 6
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,357member
    I don't order from any of these places, but I'm glad to see Apple stepping up the profile of Apple Pay. But I'd like to see them market the service more aggressively. If Costco B&M used it, that would be great!

My local Safeway store uses it and unlike McDonald's, all their staff is familiar with it. Yet there's no signage anywhere that tells the customer it's available. Their POS readers use the display itself as the contact point, and not a dedicated, labeled area with NFC logo, so the customer has no clue they can use AP (or any similar service).

watto_cobra