Apple makes fifth iOS 11.2.5 developer's beta available for testing

Posted:
in iPhone
Just days after the last release, Apple has made a new build of the iOS 11.2.5 beta available for developer testing.

As with the previous four releases, the testing notes are very short, and list nothing specific. Developers registered with Apple can download the beta through the software update feature of the settings menu.

Other than a daily news podcast feature invokable from Siri, there appears to be no new features in the release. As a "sub-point" update, Apple generally sticks to stability, bug fixes, and speed enhancements.

Likely included in the update are also rectifications for Spectre, not previously introduced by Apple 11.12.2 update.

On a first generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro, the update weighs in at 1.87GB. At present, it is not clear why Apple shortened the testing cycle, but pushing out an update to all users for Spectre seems the most likely reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Public beta also available. Downloading now!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Update on my iPad Air 2 is only 141.7 MB!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,141member
    There's lots of improvements over time, but in none of these betas am I seeing iOS11's chopping framerate cleaned up (yes I did restore as new again). On a half year old iPhone 7. I'd really just like iOS to resume a near perfect 60fps clip. 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ivanhivanh Posts: 597member
    Has this version fixed the Bluetooth output device selection bug on the Control Centre?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    ivanh said:
    Has this version fixed the Bluetooth output device selection bug on the Control Centre?
    You just click on the BT or AirPlay device and leave control center immediately. This seems to solve it on older versions of iOS 11. But on both my devices on 11.2.2 the problems have been fixed with BeatsX & 2 AirPlay Speakers.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    Has anyone had the problem with the iPhone X ear speaker getting distorted with vibration/cracking at high volume. 
    It's most noticeable on phone calls. 
    We have 2 devices and they are both doing the same thing. 
  • Reply 8 of 8
    we're never getting Messages-in-Cloud, are we