Fifth beta of tvOS 11.2.5 for Apple TV fourth generation, Apple TV 4K available for develo...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
A day after a short-cycle in the iOS beta testing period, Apple has made available tvOS 11.2.5 beta 5 to developers for testing.

As with the rest of the tvOS 11.2.5 beta 5 releases, Apple has no specific foci of testing, nor do the notes accompanying the download mention anything of any substance. As such, it is not clear what the new release contains, other than assorted bug fixes, and probably rectifications for "Meltdown" and "Spectre" CPU attack vectors.

The new versions are all available to download through Apple's developer portal. Public beta builds should be forthcoming as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    The new Match Dynamic Range feature is still buggy. Non HDR10 content plays as Black and White with this feature set ON.  
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I hope Apple adds Dolby Atmos support to the ATV this year. 
    Scot1
  • Reply 3 of 3
    6toecat said:
    The new Match Dynamic Range feature is still buggy. Non HDR10 content plays as Black and White with this feature set ON.  
    I haven’t had that problem myself. I wonder what’s in your kit that might be the problem?