Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.3, iOS 11.2.5, watchOS 4.2.2, and tvOS 11.2.5

Posted:
in macOS
Apple has updated its entire suite of operating systems, shipping updates macOS High Sierra 10.13.3, iOS 11.2.5, watchOS 4.2.2, and tvOS 11.2.5 to the public on Tuesday.

The updates come after a few days of testing with the previous beta releases, and a month-long testing cycle overall. The iOS and watchOS versions are unchanged from the last beta. Both macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and tvOS have small increments, suggesting a few changes since the last beta release but not many.

The updates are "sub-point" releases, so it remains unlikely that major new features are coming to the updates. Apple usually keeps small version increments limited to bug fixes and small tweaks -- including some fixes for the "Meltdown" and "Spectre" vulnerabilities.

All users can get the patches through the software update feature on the devices. Users with an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV get them through the Settings menu, with macOS users getting them through the Mac App Store. Apple Watch owners perform the update through a linked iPhone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    JanNLJanNL Posts: 327member
    Quick question, is it (still) better to download the combo updater or not much difference? Thanks. Mean for the macOS update.
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 2 of 23
    I wouldn’t call 10.13.3 a subpoint update, since the operating system version is 10.13. 
    bonobobdws-2
  • Reply 3 of 23
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,141member
    No update showing from the last public beta with the beta profile removed, so I'm assuming this is 1:1 the last public beta release? 
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    tipoo said:
    No update showing from the last public beta with the beta profile removed, so I'm assuming this is 1:1 the last public beta release? 
    FTA: "The iOS and watchOS versions are unchanged from the last beta. Both macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and tvOS have small increments, suggesting a few changes since the last beta release but not many."
    gilly33netmagelorin schultz
  • Reply 5 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    JanNL said:
    Quick question, is it (still) better to download the combo updater or not much difference? Thanks. Mean for the macOS update.
    I used to do the combo update dance but switched to deltas a couple of years ago have had no negative issues. Some still swear by the combo update as a troubleshooting tool but I’m no longer convinced. But then I’ve never, since OS 9.2, experienced a show stopping, computer bricking meltdown like some claim and I wonder how that even happens unless the system being updated has been tinkered with some wild and crazy configuration.
    lolliver
  • Reply 6 of 23
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    No inclusion of warning for degrading battery or selection of turning ON/OFF CPU speed to contain shutdown/reboot in depleted battery condition.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 7 of 23
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,695member
    wood1208 said:
    No inclusion of warning for degrading battery or selection of turning ON/OFF CPU speed to contain shutdown/reboot in depleted battery condition.
    That's coming in iOS 11.3.  Tim Cook mentioned that in an interview last week.
    netmagedysamoriacaladanian
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Has anyone noticed improvement with battery drain on their 6S at all? I've been hesitant to update to it again since I'm not sure if that issue has been resolved or if it still persists. I already have a new battery in my 6S as it was replaced early last year prior to iOS11 update. Anyhow I'd love to hear anyone's experience so far.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    can someone comment on performance for 10.13.3  vs 10.13.2
  • Reply 10 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    JanNL said:
    The only advantage I can think of with the combo update is maybe you thought you had all of the updates installed and this will cover all previous updates. As an IT person, I push Combo Updates to my Macs when I do push updates. Otherwise at home, I just update everything that appears in the Mac App Store. 
  • Reply 11 of 23
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member

wood1208 said:
    Uh oh...better start another class-action lawsuit! 
  • Reply 12 of 23
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    wood1208 said:
    I thought that was to come with IOS 11.3? This current update us 11.2.5.
    netmage
  • Reply 13 of 23
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    jcs2305 said:
    wood1208 said:
    I thought that was to come with IOS 11.3? This current update us 11.2.5.
    You are correct.
    netmage
  • Reply 14 of 23
    hypoluxa said:
    Has anyone noticed improvement with battery drain on their 6S at all? I've been hesitant to update to it again since I'm not sure if that issue has been resolved or if it still persists. I already have a new battery in my 6S as it was replaced early last year prior to iOS11 update. Anyhow I'd love to hear anyone's experience so far.
    What battery drain?
    lolliver
  • Reply 15 of 23
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Have they fixed this: 

https://discussions.apple.com/message/31650771

yet?

(major privacy hole in Safari: cannot clear Safari website data)
  • Reply 16 of 23
    dysamoria said:
    Have they fixed this: 

https://discussions.apple.com/message/31650771

yet?

(major privacy hole in Safari: cannot clear Safari website data)
    What.

This is just iCloud support for Safari. Turn it off and website data will not be stored on iCloud and will not affect other devices.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    iPhone X

iOS 10.2.5
     Compute Score, 15,326

Single-Core Score
    Multi-Core Score

iOS 10.2.2
    Compute Score, 15,148

Single-Core Score
    Multi-Core Score

edited January 2018 caladanian
  • Reply 18 of 23
    thewbthewb Posts: 79member
    After updating to iOS 11.2.5 on my iPhone 6, my Apple Watch series 1 is unable to connect to it. The watch shows the green icon and the phone shows it is connected to the watch in Bluetooth settings, but nothing works. I've tried rebooting both, toggling bluetooth, and various other things. No effect. My Apple Watch has become an Apple Bracelet.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    thewb said:
    After updating to iOS 11.2.5 on my iPhone 6, my Apple Watch series 1 is unable to connect to it. The watch shows the green icon and the phone shows it is connected to the watch in Bluetooth settings, but nothing works. I've tried rebooting both, toggling bluetooth, and various other things. No effect. My Apple Watch has become an Apple Bracelet.
    Delete it and add it back as a new watch restoring it from your backup?
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 20 of 23
    thewbthewb Posts: 79member
    JFC_PA said:
    thewb said:
    Delete it and add it back as a new watch restoring it from your backup?
    I unpaired from the phone, which only partially succeeded because it could not talk to the watch, but it instructed me to go to settings app on the watch and erase & reset, which I did. Then I re-paired and restored. Everything works again, thanks. The only thing that seems to be lost is health/activity data since the moment it became fornuckulated after 6pm yesterday — which is when I updated iOS.