Latest Apple Watch challenge sets high bar for International Women's Day

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple has introduced a new Activity Challenge for the Apple Watch, this time themed around International Women's Day on Thursday, March 8.

Winning the challenge requires doubling Move goals on that date, according to Apple's description in the iOS Activity app, visible only to Watch owners. The achievement badge features "2018" surrounded by a completed Move ring.

To keep up interest in the Watch and/or its achievement system, Apple regularly cycles in themed challenges alongside standard ones. In February, for example, it offered a special Heart Month award which included not just a badge but extra iMessage stickers.

Apple's International Women's Day marketing is multi-pronged this year, for instance including Apple Music and iTunes Movies content. More practically the company is hosting events in stores around the world, such as a recruiting session in Paris.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 527member
    I like these Watch challenges. It’s fun to see if you can accomplish them. 
    albegarclolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Anilu_777 said:

Exactly. When I first got my Watch I was under the impressions challenges were pointless or that a popup on your Watch wasn't going to motivate people to get up and be active. Boy was I wrong. It first started out where at the end of the day I might get a message like "You've almost reached your move goal, a brisk 15 minute walk should do". What did I do? I went out for a short walk to "close my rings". Now I actively monitor my rings/activity and modify my daily routine to make sure I always close them (and not "just" close them, but exceed them).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I love the challenges. And this one will for sure be a little tougher than usual. Have to reach 2000 that day. Hope its nice out that day!
    albegarcmavemufclolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mavemufcmavemufc Posts: 326member
    Anilu_777 said:
    Same, they're pretty good and you're right it is fun to see if you can do them.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Beth W.Beth W. Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I have met every challenge and earned every award, but I'm so disappointed that this one is so difficult. I would have to be at the gym for 4.5 hours to meet the challenge. My move goal is 930, it's 10am and I am at 884, but I was at the gym 1.5 hours this morning. I work 8:30-4:30 (I do have a standing desk), but then after work there are home responsibilities. Another 2 hour workout isn't going to happen, So disappointed my achievement record will lost today...on International Woman's Day of all days!