Play your FandangoNOW movies on Apple TV and iOS with new Movies Anywhere integration

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited March 2018
All-in-one movie centralization and viewing service Movies Anywhere on Tuesday announced a new partnership with FandangoNOW that will allow customers of the on-demand service to watch purchased shows on variety of platforms, including Apple's iOS and Apple TV.

FandangoNOW is the latest digital retailer to join the Movies Anywhere stable, which launched last year with support for five major motion picture studios.

"We are thrilled to welcome FandangoNOW, a go-to online destination for movie fans, as our newest digital retailer. Movies Anywhere is rapidly revolutionizing the way that consumers access and enjoy their digital movie collections," said Karin Gilford, General Manager at Movies Anywhere.

Gilford went on to say the Movies Anywhere app has been used to store more than 100 million movies since its debut.

At its core, Movies Anywhere is a content locker for movies produced by Disney, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Film, Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment. The service and corresponding app solve the issue of content fragmentation, or siloing movies to the platform on which they were purchased.

For example, without Movies Now, viewers who purchased a Disney film on iTunes would have no choice but to view that movie on an iTunes-compatible device, meaning no native Roku or Amazon Fire TV support.

With Movies Anywhere, users can purchase movies produced by one of the five participating studios through Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, iTunes, Vudu, and now FandangoNOW, and watch them on those same platforms or via a standalone app. In addition, the service supports redemption of digital copy codes often found with Blu-ray and DVD disc purchases.

Currently, native Movie Anywhere apps are available for Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Amazon Fire hardware, Android devices, Chromecast and Roku streamers. Users simply log in and connect their Movies Anywhere account with their digital retailer account and sync their content libraries to get started.

The company is playing up the new FandangoNOW integration by touting access to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which arrives on digital store shelves today. Users of the service can now choose from a selection of Star Wars themed profile pictures including the Rebel Alliance Starbird, a Stormtrooper or the First Order emblem.

Fandango is also taking advantage of the tie-in, as the firm is giving away two free movies when FandangoNOW is the first service connected to a user's Movies Anywhere account. In addition, customers who buy Star Wars: The Last Jedi can get an exclusive score-only version of the film through Movies Anywhere. Both offers are available for a limited time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Fandango on AppleTV
    That’s very very frightening. 

I’ll see myself out. 

equality72521
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Rayz2016 said:
    Fandango on AppleTV

I’ll see myself out. 

Relax, only viewable using Thunderbolt displays and Lightning connectors ;)
    Rayz2016randominternetperson
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Rayz2016 said:
    Fandango on AppleTV

I’ll see myself out. 

Relax, only viewable using Thunderbolt displays and Lightning connectors ;)
    😂
  • Reply 4 of 10
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    They might want to reconsider that logo. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation might have something to say about it.

Although I feel this might have come up before.
    macseeker
  • Reply 5 of 10
    bitchyspbitchysp Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    Yes it is rather similar...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    macseekermacseeker Posts: 544member
    anome said:
    They might want to reconsider that logo. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation might have something to say about it.

Snap!  For both sentences.  I was thinking the same.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    can't wait for MoviesAnywhere to come to the UK, keeping track of what purchases we have over which services and switching between them is tiresome. On top of Prime and Netflix subscriptions, I have purchases in iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, Rakuten and SkyStore - that last one I doubt will ever join something like this unless any of the potential new owners (Fox, Disney, Comcast) majorly shake things up.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Love the Movies Anywhere service so I think it’s great they are adding new partners. Hopefully Paramount jumps on board soon. They are one of the last holdouts I’d really like to see join. 
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I’ve noticed when I stream a film using the MA app on my iPad or my Apple TV, the quality goes downhill within a few minutes. It gets blocky, etc. If I then open the film in the app where the movie was originally purchased, ITunes, Amazon or Vudu in my case, the streaming quality is always better. I’ve run this little test 5 or 6 times now and this always happens. Anyone else notice this? It’s either bad buffering or MA is not pushing media out using enough bandwidth.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    macseeker said:
    anome said:

Snap!  For both sentences.  I was thinking the same.
    Clearly very similar, but apparently distinct enough to mass legal muster.

Three key distinctions are the non-parallel outer lines on the Movie Anywhere logo, the middle wave not reaching all the way to the baseline, and the way the waves overlap differently.
    edited March 2018