Leaker revives rumors of Apple making 'blush gold' iPhone X

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2018
A "blush gold" version of iPhone X -- once rumored to ship last year -- is not only still alive, but entering production, according to a prominent leak source.

Photos shared by Ben Geskin on Twitter depict both the rear and sides of the device, as well as a matching SIM tray. The images are similar to those seen in photos and renders from 2017, before the iPhone X's September reveal.

Geskin commented that the "color is real," suggesting that Apple appears to have "saved it for later." He allowed the possibility that it might still be scrapped.

The "blush gold" and blue colors rumored in 2017 were ultimately chased down to bogus case manufacturers, or off-brand Android cloners.

At the moment the iPhone X is sold in just two colors, silver and space gray. The iPhone 8 is available in gold as well, while the iPhone 7 comes in five colors.

Apple was theorized to ship a "blush gold" iPhone X last year, but purportedly decided against it in light of production problems. Though the iPhone X was announced in September, it only shipped in November, likely as a result of the difficulty of manufacturing the phone's 3D-sensing TrueDepth camera.

Last March the company used (Product)Red models to pump up iPhone 7 sales -- historically, iPhone figures slump in the aftermath of the holidays.

In theory, Apple could debut a "blush gold" iPhone X in tandem with its March 27 press event, even though the gathering is supposed to be education-themed.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Looks like the copper iPhone rumored a model or two back that never existed....or ended up being Rose Gold in a very bad photo.

I really wish they'd do something other than silver, black and gold. Put some color in your products already. Getting kinda sick of these fairly boring colors on every single Apple product. I guess maybe it looks upper scale, but to me its just bland looking after a while. This is one of the reasons why I liked the iPhone 5c.
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 2 of 12
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Just release a pure white version of it. So, Black, White and Grey.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 503member
    Still holding out hope we get a midnight blue iPhone. Saw mock ups when the iPhone 7 rumors were out & it looked awesome.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    supadav03 said:
    Still holding out hope we get a midnight blue iPhone. Saw mock ups when the iPhone 7 rumors were out & it looked awesome.
    That would be nice. 
  • Reply 5 of 12
    If they release it in a rose gold hue...I'll order one straight away! :) The only reason I'm holding onto my rose gold SE is b/c it matches my rose gold 2017 MacBook! :)

If the regular iPad was available in rose gold, I'd have already bought one of those as well.

I'm putting off buying the rose gold iPad Pro b/c I think it might make me use my MacBook a lot less. Soon perhaps. :)

Best
  • Reply 6 of 12
    macxpress said:

....put some color in your products already. Getting kinda sick of these fairly boring colors on every single Apple product. I guess maybe it looks upper scale, but to me its just bland looking after a while. This is one of the reasons why I liked the iPhone 5c.
    Me too, I bought my GF a blue 5C, so her sister had to have a yellow one (her fav. color) and I bought a white one b/c it reminded me of the traditional Apple 'white' of my intel iMac and my white plastic MacBook/iBooks, iPod Shuffle, base stations, airport expresses and on and on! :)
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 7 of 12
    AdambombAdambomb Posts: 14unconfirmed, member
    Does color really make people buy a model? Were you going to buy it based on the technology anyways and just waiting for a specific color?  
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I love the blush (copper) gold version. 

(I love the back in copper colour, NOT the golden border!)
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 9 of 12
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    A new colour variant only a few months after the model’s release?  Hmmmm.

Even if rumours of sagging sales are false, it will feed the narrative.
    edited March 2018
  • Reply 10 of 12
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member
    For people complaining about lack of colors, just get a case with your favorite color.
    aegean
  • Reply 11 of 12
    mavemufcmavemufc Posts: 326member
    Why would they now go and put that on sale? If they are indeed announcing another version of the X, and a new Plus version, in 6-8 months time, stupid idea I think.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Adambomb said:
    Does color really make people buy a model? Were you going to buy it based on the technology anyways and just waiting for a specific color?  
    i think the color selection comes after the technology situation. at least that what happened to me when the X came out and i decided the white was for me. apple should consider doing the C model again except instead of plastic they could use anodized aluminum much like the “leaked” midnight blue iphone 7 that came out of the rumor grapevine.
    supadav03