Scams on eBay, Here is what the seller said.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I emailed a seller that I knew was so obviously committing fraud and ask them if I could COD the powerbook (not that I would trust them for that even). He is selling a 1 ghz model for $1096. The following was his response. Oh yeah, he is only allowing money order or bank transfer. I did not edit this in any way.

Dear Sir,

Here were i live(in spain) the laptop manufacute in US have a price

lowest.The price for me laptop i am prepaire to sell now for 1090USD. I can

procure more.Here in spain the big company like UPS or DHL not accept COD.I

accept payment trgh bank transfer is safe( you will now all me data- me bank

account , me adress).Please tell me if you are interested.

Thank you

I had to include this cause it cracked me up. I emailed him back cause I was so entertained by all this. The link is below.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=930677307"; target="_blank">Link to Auction</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Reply today:

Dear friend,

If you do not trust me we can do this way.I want to make this way beocause i

want to see that you have the money and you want to buy the laptop .This way

we can close the deal in 2 days.I want to make a deposit at WESTERN UNION of

the amount that will pay for the laptop(1090USD),you make the deposit on the

name that you want (your friend ,your sister) only my country Spain.After

you make the deposit you give me the sender name and the adress ,the reciver

name (country spain) i ned this info only to check that you have the money

and if you make the deposit after i check i will send you the laptop via UPS

(i will pay all the charges at DHL, the laptop will be all insured) after

you recive the laptop and check is ok and in good conditions you will change

the reciver on my name so i can pick up the money.This way is safe for you

and you do not risc .I waith for your reply today and tomorrow you can make

the deposit and close this deal fast.Now you can see that i am a serios man

and i have the laptop

Regards and Thank you

I don't even understand what this guy is saying? It is so strange.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    if you think it's definitely a scam; <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=003214"; target="_blank">tell</a> murbot.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Please don't. We've obviously been linked to some other discussion board... and the 2 dozen emails I get about eBay frauds A DAY are enough, thanks.

It's like killing ants one by one. One guy just doesn't have enough arms to get them all...

• Reply 4 of 7
    jpp1cdjpp1cd Posts: 135member
    Sorry Murbot, I know I already told you. I will never bother you again with an ebay scam.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Heh. No problem jpp1cd, I got your PM and replied. I'll get back to your second one when I have a chance.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Lol, this must be the most viewed auction ever. The counter says 588113.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hmm, says only 119 for me.

Anyway guys, as requested by the higher ups, we'll keep the eBay stuff to the original thread. It's certainly not new news...

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=003214"; target="_blank">Official eBay Scam Police Thread</a>