Just what I've always wanted...an all-Apple dock

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

It's a thing of beauty:

iThis, iThat, QuickTime, Address Book, etc. And, after this morning, a snazzy new Apple browser!

It's everything a fella needs...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    yup, apple took it upon themselves to take people's ideas and make 'em their own

and

make their own great apps that kick it, and are great!!!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    know what i really like? only one stupid letter icon.

• Reply 3 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>

It's a thing of beauty:

iThis, iThat, QuickTime, Address Book, etc. And, after this morning, a snazzy new Apple browser!

It's everything a fella needs...</strong><hr></blockquote>

It is really amazing! iMovie 3, only 17 days away!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I don't have an all-Apple dock, but this is the first time I've ever not had IE in the dock. Now my two browsers are Chimera and Safari.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    wow i'm close to that, but i have photoshop, flash, fireworks, dreamweaver, fetch, and acquisition yet to take care of once apple can beat those, then i will have an all apple dock, but the things i use most are there, and are apple, its a thing of beauty not to have to have MS, but i still want to thank them for giving us a copy of MS to use over the years, even if it was to get them out of monopoly stuff and we have a soon to be better now
  • Reply 6 of 9
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    Finally I get to dump IE out of my dock!!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I used to have all my other apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, Transmit, Art Directors Toolkit, Suitcase, Quicken, various browsers and media viewers, etc.) all floating in the dock.

Even though I grouped them by type (and even put THOSE in alphabetical order...all the Adobe apps clustered together, starting with Acrobat, for example), it got to be so cluttered and just looked overwhelming.

About a month or so ago, I put them all in those IconFactory "World of Aqua" folders to the right.

Left to right: Applications, Internet, Multimedia Players and Utilities.

SO much cleaner and, as the point of this thread talks about, allows me to have a clean, simple Apple-only dock one the left side of the dividing bar.

I like it!

• Reply 8 of 9
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>I used to have all my other apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, Transmit, Art Directors Toolkit, Suitcase, Quicken, various browsers and media viewers, etc.) all floating in the dock.

Even though I grouped them by type (and even put THOSE in alphabetical order...all the Adobe apps clustered together, starting with Acrobat, for example), it got to be so cluttered and just looked overwhelming.

About a month or so ago, I put them all in those IconFactory "World of Aqua" folders to the right.

Left to right: Applications, Internet, Multimedia Players and Utilities.

SO much cleaner and, as the point of this thread talks about, allows me to have a clean, simple Apple-only dock one the left side of the dividing bar.

I like it!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I just use launchbar. One of the only shareware apps that I've bothered to pay for. The only non-apple thing in my dock is moz since I have to manually move my bookmarks over.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Now THAT is a dock. Much nicer than the ones with 285 items in them.