What's new in macOS Mojave beta 6

Posted:
in macOS
Beta 6 of macOS Mojave was released to developers and betas to public testers as well on Monday. It is getting more difficult to discern changes between each build, but there were a couple notable aspects to talk about this time around.

Migration assistant got an overhaul, not in looks, but in features. It is now capable of transferring much more information from a Windows PC. Documents, contacts, calendar, email, and system accounts can all now be moved in addition to the Desktop and Documents folder it could in the past.

The new Home app lost many of the Apple-provided default wallpapers, instead, swapping them for new simple gradients in yellow, blue, and green hues. This helps match macOS Mojave to the most recent beta of iOS 12 which also saw the wallpapers change. Right now, it doesn't seem to sync these background images across devices, at least for us.

The sixth developer beta of macOS Mojave was released alongside the latest betas of watchOS 5, iOS 12, and tvOS 12.

Check out what changed last time around in beta 5.

Find any other changes? Reach out to us on Twitter @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    Am I the only one that can't help thinking of this:

• Reply 2 of 8
    It appears that we've lost the ability to install Safari extensions from anywhere but the App Store.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    s.metcalfs.metcalf Posts: 972member
    It appears that we've lost the ability to install Safari extensions from anywhere but the App Store.
    Not good.  I tried BetaFish's Adblock from the Mac App Store and found it to be stripped of basically all customisation.  It lacked custom blocking lists and even the ability to selectively enable/disable specific lists.  Needless to say I reverted to the former version from the website.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    davgregdavgreg Posts: 1,037member
    An issue I keep seeing in build after build.

Awaking from sleep the Mac login works and some apps work, but not Safari and then the whole thing crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive. The only fix is a hard reboot.
    Macbook Pro Retina 2016 13"
  • Reply 5 of 8
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    davgreg said:
    An issue I keep seeing in build after build.

Awaking from sleep the Mac login works and some apps work, but not Safari and then the whole thing crashes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive. The only fix is a hard reboot.
    Macbook Pro Retina 2016 13"
    Have you reported this to Apple via Feedback Assistant? If you have, keep reporting it so they know it's on ongoing issue.
    edited August 2018 lamboaudi4
  • Reply 6 of 8
    s.metcalf said:
    Am I the only one that can't help thinking of this:

I'd assume it'd have to be only you, since "Mojave" and "Behave" don't sound alike!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Looking forward to this OS! 6 weeks away?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,141member
    Would donation based adblockers have their donations subject to Apples 30% cut?