Apple's 'Gather round' event & original iPhone keyboard designer Ken Kocienda on the Apple...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2018
This week on the AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk through Apple's latest acquisition and some of the rumors leading into the upcoming Apple event, and Victor speaks with the designer directly responsible for the first iPhone keyboard, Ken Kocienda.

Creative Selection, by Ken Kocienda
Creative Selection by Ken Kocienda

AppleInsider editor Victor Marks and writer William Gallagher discuss:

• Apple's confirmed Sept. 12th date for the rumored-iPhone event and the curious idea that it will be live-streamed on Twitter
  • The rumored iPhones in question
  • Apple's acquisition of Akios, an AR holographic lens company
  • Apple's focus on MicroLED technology in Taiwan -- Victor connects these two items that are otherwise unconnected.
  • After the episode recorded, we saw the leaked images of the rumored-Apple Watch Series 4, and the rumored iPhone Xs.
  • Ken Kocienda, author of Creative Selection, Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs, and the person responsible for autocorrect, and the iOS keyboard.
We like reader email -- send us your comments and concerns!.

The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

Show note links: Follow our hosts on Twitter: @WGallagher and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Hi - I really enjoyed the interview with Mr Kocienda and I hope you told him off-air what the specific issues you daughter was having with predictive text. He sounded v worried about that and it would have been good to have him explain or give his point of view.

Thank you

Ps I've enjoyed all these interviews you've done (especially the audio/music related ones but all).