Beats announces urBeats3 colors to match iPhone XR, new Solo3 hues

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2020
Though Apple's Beats brand failed to get any stage time at Wednesday's "Gather Round" event, the audio subsidiary is preparing to release new color options for two popular headphone lines, some of which are designed to match the just-unveiled iPhone XR.

Announced in a post to the official Beats by Dre Twitter account, the urBeats3 in-ear monitor is set to nab three new color options designed to jibe with Apple's upcoming iPhone XR. Specifically, the Lightning-equipped earphones are going to be offered in blue, yellow and coral colorways sometime this fall.

"Coming this fall. #UrBeats3 with Lightning connector in the latest colors to match your iPhone," the tweet reads.

Apple earlier today announced iPhone XR, an LCD-equipped version of the iPhone XS -- with single rear-facing camera -- that will come in six different colors when it sees launch in October. The device will be sold in white, black, blue, coral, yellow and (PRODUCT)Red on Oct. 19.

In addition to urBeats3, Beats is updating its Solo3 Wireless over-the-ear headphones with two new colors -- satin silver and satin gold -- that correspond somewhat with iPhone XS. The same colors are already offered on other Beats products, including the urBeats3.

The urBeats3 colors are due in Apple stores on Sept. 19, while the Solo3 Wireless hues are set to arrive on Sept. 21.

Keep up with AppleInsider by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and follow us on YouTube, Twitter @appleinsider and Facebook for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I really wonder what is the logic behind retaining the "...by Dre" part of the Beats brand? Apple should own www.Beats.com and get rid of the rest of it.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    Why in the world wasn't this announced at the keynote? Would have filled out that last part where it seemed the guys finished too early and Tim kinda filled the last 10 minutes with old announcements. 

Seems Apple really wants to separate itself from the Beats brand.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I really wonder what is the logic behind retaining the "...by Dre" part of the Beats brand? Apple should own www.Beats.com and get rid of the rest of it.
    I assume marketing.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    claire1 said:
    Why in the world wasn't this announced at the keynote? Would have filled out that last part where it seemed the guys finished too early and Tim kinda filled the last 10 minutes with old announcements. 

These events need to remain laser focused in order to provide a clear story for the press and for potential buyers. Throwing everything in would cloud the core message and confuse the media coverage.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6
    claire1claire1 Posts: 510unconfirmed, member
    claire1 said:

These events need to remain laser focused in order to provide a clear story for the press and for potential buyers. Throwing everything in would cloud the core message and confuse the media coverage.
    I agree to a point but these tidbits don't need a 30 minute presentation. Would be nice to show accessories that match our iPhones after the iPhone presentation. Like a minute or two, kinda how they show Apple Watch Bands. 

As for laser focus, I wouldn't mind a music keynote like they had during the iPod days with Apple Music, Beats, AirPods etc.
    Jimmy Iovine, Dre and artists can take care of these while the others rest. 
    edited September 2018
  • Reply 6 of 6
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,275member
    Dre's endorsement and co-founding of Beats is what keeps the urban audience (and by this I mean beat-dominant music fans of all types) brand-aware and buying. Apple has been smart to leave Beats largely alone apart from some quality and tech improvements and marketing muscle. Nobody thinks buying it was a bad deal for the company anymore.
    watto_cobra