Belkin Boost Up wireless charging dock for iPhone and Apple Watch landing in December

Posted:
in General Discussion
Belkin has introduced a pair of wireless charging docks that allows an iPhone and an Apple Watch to be recharged from the same stand, with the Boost Up Dock offering minimalist stylings alongside an updated version of the PowerHouse Charging Dock.

The Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock is capable of charging up to three devices at the same time, with a third connected via an additional USB-A port as well as the two wireless charging sections. The dock is said to be enhanced for the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and Apple Watch Series 4, but will also work with the iPhoneX, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and all Apple Watch models.

The optimized wireless charging can provide up to 7.5 watts of power to a QI-enabled device, including those wearing a compatible case up to 3 millimeters thick, while the USB port offers 5 watt, 1 amp charging. The Apple Watch is charged at 5 watts, with the charging point supporting Nightstand with the Watch displayed at an optimal viewing angle for the mode.

Shipping with QI and MFi certification and a 45-watt power adapter in December via Apple Stores around the world, the Boost Up Wireless Charging Dock for iPhone and Apple Watch will cost $159.99.

The updated PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch and iPhone is similar to the previous model, with the Apple Watch held off to the side and a Lightning connector at the base to connect iPhones rather than using wireless charging, making it more useful for those with older iPhone models.

The main change in this version is that it includes a red dial behind the stand to adjust the height of the Lightning connector, in order for it to work with a variety of different models and in different cases, as well as adding support for the 2018 iPhones.

Shipping in November, the updated PowerHouse Charge Dock for Apple Watch and iPhone will cost $99.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Neat idea but has issues. Assuming the use case of a nightstand table as pictured...Note that if its position with the cord in back, the Watch is facing toward the sleeper's feet, rather than facing the person, negating the Watch's Nightstand display feature. If you rotate the unit so that the Watch is facing you in bed, then you have cords sticking out awkwardly at 90-degrees.

The Watch stand should rotate, which would help for one side of the bed use, but not the other. To fix that then the Watch and Phone spots need to be flipped. 

Design is hard. Looks nice in photos tho.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Not putting any more money into wireless charging for iPhone. My Scosche charger won’t  charge though a thin clear plastic case. 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I was under the impression the XS was able to support 10 watt wireless charging. If so, how is this 7.5 watt charger “optimized” for
    iPhone XS and XS Max? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Not putting any more money into wireless charging for iPhone. My Scosche charger won’t  charge though a thin clear plastic case. 
    Then you need a different wireless charger. I haven't had issues with many average cases being a problem with the cheap Qi chargers I have. One case is even about the thickness of an OtterBox, and no noticeable problems.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,296member
    kiehtan said:
    I was under the impression the XS was able to support 10 watt wireless charging. If so, how is this 7.5 watt charger “optimized” for
    iPhone XS and XS Max? 
    You're mistaken. You must have missed this article: https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/18/iphone-xs-improvements-to-qi-wireless-charging-limited-to-efficiency-improvements
    watto_cobra