MUXED Mpegs and Audio Tracks (Quicktime) help

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is retarded... I have tons of MPEGS that were taken with various cameras (like cybershot from sony; or the Canon Ixus/Elph) that HAVE audio, but QuickTime DOES NOT recognize the audio tracks, so you cannot remove audio nor extract it.

I even tried putting the MPEG into iTunes (which correctly plays back the sound) but I CANNOT extract and save the audio as MP3, says its unrecognized.

Is there any solution to this?

If I export to any format (from MPEG 4 to DV) Audio does NOT get encoded because officially there is NO audio track! So, I cannot add these little clips to an iMovie or anything I only get video, no audio

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Doing anything with Quicktime Pro it dies this to me, I can not save any stream with sound, export anything and have the sound so with it, or if I attempt to edit anything in QTPro, the part I save never has Audio. But I know what you mean about the audio track 'not being there' because the export options tell me that there isn't an audio track.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    You have to use bbdemux.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Muahahahaha...

Thanx JLL, it works!

saves em as MPEG 1 video file and MPEG 1 audio file.

Now then... is there anyway to merge the two? QT wont let me copy n paste into either of them

Dang... what CAN you do with QT Pro after all?????
  • Reply 4 of 6
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    does anyone know of any updated apps that will let you edit MUXED (MPEG 1) files easier?

I hate having to edit all my files with BBDemux and not being able to import the audio into iMovie and then re re converting the audio to ANOTHER format to import it into iMovie which usually ends up out of synch as well!

Help?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Muahahahaha...

Now then... is there anyway to merge the two? QT wont let me copy n paste into either of them

Open the audio track.....select all and copy.....then go to the video track.......EDIT>ADD
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Dang... what CAN you do with QT Pro after all?????

You can do a lot with QuickTime files. You can extract clips from files; enable, disable, delete, and extract individual tracks from files; overlay multiple tracks together; add tracks scaled to a selection; export and recompress to a new QuickTime file; export a file optimized for streaming... The list goes on. Granted, not everyone needs this functionality, but if you do know how to take advantage of QTP, it is truly a fantastic tool.

MPEG isn't a happy wrapped format like a QuickTime *.mov file (or *.avi file, for that matter) is; so, it's quite understandable that Apple doesn't put in a great effort to splice and hack MPEG files apart and back together.