Apple issues iOS 12.1.2 with eSIM connectivity fixes

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple on Monday released iOS 12.1.2, a minor patch designed to fix problems with eSIM support on the iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max, as well as cellular connectivity with those phones in Turkey.

iOS 12 dual-SIM

Specifically the patch deals with activating an eSIM line, according to Apple's release notes. The update should be available through iTunes, or as an over-the-air update in the iOS Settings app.

Apple didn't say what exact cellular difficulties Turkish iPhone owners have been experiencing.

Though it's as yet unknown, the update may also address Qualcomm patent violations in China. Last week Apple promised some form of software update which would allow Apple to legally continue iPhone sales in the country.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Although marginally better; this latest release 12.1.2 doesn’t solve the rudimentary NYC USA connectivity issue.
    Since the 12.1.1 release, each time my iPhone X closes, WiFi connectivity needs to be reinitialized manually.
    Shame on you Apple; your ineptitude gain momentum daily! You 
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rporzio said:
    Although marginally better; this latest release 12.1.2 doesn’t solve the rudimentary NYC USA connectivity issue.
    Since the 12.1.1 release, each time my iPhone X closes, WiFi connectivity needs to be reinitialized manually.
    You inadvertently posted in the wrong place.  Try https://support.apple.com/ instead.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    rporzio said:
    Was NYC connectivity something specifically addressed for 12.1.1 ? I am in Pennsylvania and I did not have that issue with either update on my Xs Max? 

More importantly if your iPhone is disconnecting from Wifi whenever it closes, why would you post here and not immediately make an Apple store appointment?  Just so we are clear.... you took the time to join and post here instead of making an appointment to have your phone looked at and taken care of at an Apple store?  Seems like a strange course of action?

edited December 2018