Discontinued iPhone SE reappears for sale in Apple's online clearance section for $249

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has made more stock of the iPhone SE available through the clearance section of its online store, giving users wanting to pick up the compact iPhone yet another chance to buy one from the company directly, though it is likely to be a short-lived sale.

The iPhone SE has been added to the roster of products in Apple's online Clearance section again, following after a very brief appearance of the smartphone on the page in January. All three models offered in the store are being sold at a discount of between $100 and $150, depending on capacity.

The Gold-colored model is being sold with a 32-gigabyte capacity, priced at $249, while the Space Gray and Silver options are available with 128 gigabytes of storage and cost $299 each. All three models are being offered brand new and unopened, as well as unlocked to be used with any carrier.

The previous appearance of the iPhone SE on the Clearance page was brief, with the options disappearing from view within 48 hours of availability. It is unknown how long the iPhone SE will be available to buy this time, as it depends on Apple's stock levels, but it is likely to last for a few days.

The iPhone SE is a more compact model than the others currently offered by Apple, equipped with a four-inch display with Touch ID and powered by an A9 processor. Apple discontinued sale of the model in September, alongside the iPhone X, iPhone 6S, and iPhone 6S Plus.

There have been rumors of a second-generation iPhone SE, but so far there doesn't appear to be any sign it will be unveiled by Apple anytime soon.

Here's where you can still get an iPhone SE

Although iPhone SE devices are becoming harder to find, there are still several third-party retailers that have the phones in stock. If you want a new model, eBay is your best bet. If you're open to a refurbished model, Amazon and BuyBackWorld are viable options.

Retailers with the iPhone SE in stock:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    JWSCJWSC Posts: 1,203member
    Not everyone will agree.  But in my opinion this is the best iPhone form factor ever.
    kestralurashidbaconstangzroger73netroxracerhomie3ajlmacguileftoverbacondesignr
  • Reply 2 of 23
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    If you like small form factor phone and want to use or keep in stock/backup, good to grab it now. In future, there won't be smaller screen iPhones ever.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,100member
    JWSC said:
    Not everyone will agree.  But in my opinion this is the best iPhone form factor ever.
    I would actually say the iphone 4s was the best, and this is a close second
    retrogustozroger73cornchip
  • Reply 4 of 23
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    JWSC said:
    for a small factor, I agree.  However, as fas as design goes, I think the iPhone4 was the best, followed by the iP5.  
    cornchip
  • Reply 5 of 23
    I ordered the gold 32gb (was the only one left) I will be selling my 7 plus hopefully at a reasonable profit. I tried the large phone thing and it's not for me. An SE will fit nicely into my car's console when using carplay. I will definitely miss 3D touch though
    edited February 2019 leftoverbacon
  • Reply 6 of 23
    tyler82 said:
    I ordered the gold 32gb (was the only one left) I will be selling my 7 plus hopefully at a reasonable profit. I tried the large phone thing and it's not for me. An SE will fit nicely into my car's console when using carplay. I will definitely miss 3D touch though
    Profit?
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Is this like the 3 or 4th time that these "clearance" units have been shown for sale ??   Why doesn't Apple get whatever inventory that is left and just put it on all at once until every last one is bought up ??

JWSC said:

The best form factor is CHOICE - that is why they should re-invent the smaller phone while keeping the larger phones.  Not too hard to figure out is it ?
    mattinozbaconstangmuthuk_vanalingamleftoverbaconcornchip
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    mike54 said:
    Will this get the iOS 13 update?
    Given that the fifth generation iPad from 2017 had the same A9 processor and the same amount of RAM, I'd say probably yes.
    mike54mattinozleftoverbacon
  • Reply 9 of 23
    I ordered a 32 GB silver SE a couple of weeks ago for no particular reason (nostalgia, perhaps?). My current phone is an XS Plus while my previous phone was a 6S Plus. I hadn't realized how HEAVY and clumsy the Plus-sized phones are until I pulled the dainty, feather-light, lilliputian SE out of the box. I like it, though, as a throwback to simpler times and may move my SIM card over and ditch my bloated and unnecessary XS Plus.
    tyler82cornchip
  • Reply 10 of 23
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    tyler82 said:
    JWSC said:
    Yeah I’d agree. If the 5 Had been slightly wider it would have been a more balanced design. There’s a tipping point that one has to protect against when using it with one hand. The 4 was perfectly sized and balanced in the hand. 

If they do do a new SE, I’d like to see it slightly wider, which they actually have to do to keep the XS aspect ratio. But I wouldn’t mind seeing it slightly shorter too ...

That said, I much prefer the metal back of the 5 to the glass back of the 4. Then again, it seems he phones have come full circle, so the days of metal backs are probably over ...
    cornchip
  • Reply 11 of 23
     “It is unknown how long the iPhone SE will be available to buy this time, as it depends on Apple's stock levels, but it is likely to last for a few days.”

..nope.
    cornchip
  • Reply 12 of 23
    tyler82 said:
    JWSC said:
    The 4 & 4S were like Leica cameras. 5,5S & SE are like modern Leica cameras.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    I love. Yes. love my iPhone SE. I plan to use it until software updates come for it. I even replaced my battery at an AASP a week ago. I used the 6 Plus before, but as iPads have gotten more affordable I will be getting an iPad before a larger iPhone. 
    I really hope Apples design team hasn’t forgotten the fact that people’s hand sizes have not increased exponentially.
    The iPhone growth market is over. I believe in the future Apple should make the BEST edge to edge iPhone within the iPhone SE like form factor. I will get it even if it gets Liquid Retina and $550-650 price point.
    entropysleftoverbacontyler82
  • Reply 14 of 23
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    I love. Yes. love my iPhone SE. I plan to use it until software updates come for it. I even replaced my battery at an AASP a week ago. I used the 6 Plus before, but as iPads have gotten more affordable I will be getting an iPad before a larger iPhone. 
    I really hope Apples design team hasn’t forgotten the fact that people’s hand sizes have not increased exponentially.
    The iPhone growth market is over. I believe in the future Apple should make the BEST edge to edge iPhone within the iPhone SE like form factor. I will get it even if it gets Liquid Retina and $550-650 price point.
    Yes, fill in market gaps to expand sales.  I also agree with the small phone/iPad strategy. Works for me.
    leftoverbacon
  • Reply 15 of 23
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    ajl said:
    JWSC said:
    I do agree.
    So do I.

I had a 4s and it was nice. I had a 5s and it was nicer. I managed to grab a silver 128G SE and it's the nicest yet. Except the chamfered edges aren't polished. I miss that touch.
    leftoverbacontyler82
  • Reply 16 of 23
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    AI says:
    There have been rumors of a second-generation iPhone SE, but so far there doesn't appear to be any sign it will be unveiled by Apple anytime soon. 

And I'd grab one of those, if it ever comes to pass. Otherwise I'll probably have this SE for 5 years or more.

• Reply 17 of 23
    tyler82 said:
    Profit?
    Tyler may mean the iPhone 7+ is worth more now than today's price of the SE, not that the 7+ is worth more than buying 7+ new.
    cornchip
  • Reply 18 of 23
    tyler82 said:
    Profit?
    Tyler may mean the iPhone 7+ is worth more now than today's price of the SE, not that the 7+ is worth more than buying 7+ new.

I got the SE for $270 (including tax) and I have the 128GB 7+ factory unlocked plus otterbox case and apple leather case original box apple stickers etc. included. based on other craiglist and ebay ads I can probably get around $450 for it. A pretty decent profit considering I'm getting a brand new phone with new 1 year warranty to replace it.
    cornchip
  • Reply 19 of 23
    macgui said:
    ajl said:
    JWSC said:
    I do agree.
    So do I.

I had a 4s and it was nice. I had a 5s and it was nicer. I managed to grab a silver 128G SE and it's the nicest yet. Except the chamfered edges aren't polished. I miss that touch.
    I’ve been wondering if I can just swap the guts of my SE into the case of my 5s with the polished chamfered edges? I may try that with my old 64GB SE which is now out of warranty.

Apple just gave me a brand new 5s, prob. a referb but it looked perfect, since the battery of my original had swollen, so for the cost of the battery they replaced the phone.
    cornchip
  • Reply 20 of 23

macgui said:
    AI says:
    There have been rumors of a second-generation iPhone SE, but so far there doesn't appear to be any sign it will be unveiled by Apple anytime soon. 

And I'd grab one of those, if it ever comes to pass. Otherwise I'll probably have this SE for 5 years or more.

Good point. For this price, if they come up again, I’m gonna buy another 128GB to have as a 2nd backup.

ive never had one of my phones lost or stolen, but if I’m keeping it for another 5 years, or longer, i should protect against water damage, and the possibility. Certainly having a backup might give me some more freedom with it, leading to more risks. So having a new one in the box ready to go is good insurance at this price. I’ve definitely had out of warranty repairs with most of my iPhones so  I can imagine having a new spare is going to be cheaper as well.
    edited February 2019