Extra storage for home netowork

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok so heres what I have and what I would like to do.

I have a new PB 1ghz via airport and an old 6500 300 that is hard wired into my network which is too slow for any real file sharing. I really would like an xserve for a lot of storage and osx but i cant afford that....so my question is that I would like some extra storage for my network that uses osx so i can share my itunes library with both computers/home stereo...I would get a home pod eventually but I really need other storage for my pb so I can keep movies on the server type thing for safe storage....but i really dont want it to have wires since my pb only has one firewire port...so firewire hard drives are out...So what do you think my options are??? I know n.a.t but its kinda expensive...i really want something hidden that I dont have to worry about. Ok now after that, i need to konw how to fileshare my os x computer with the os 9 computer. the only file i can ever get acess to is that stupid drop box...and i really want the os 9 to see the whole hard drive...but i dont know how to do that...HELP!!! thanks so much!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Letting another computer see the whole hard drive can be dangerous. The drop box is there for that reason. You could fiddle with settings in Netinfo Manager, but that can be very dangerous.

edit:

I take that back. Maybe turning on file sharing and placing an alias of your drive in teh Public folder of your Home folder will allow you to view your harddrive remotely.

[ 02-08-2003: Message edited by: CubeDude ]</p>