Apple Store in Sacramento confirmed in the Sacramento Bee

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello all,

I've been meaning to post this all week, but have only now had the time. It looks like Apple is considering opening a store in my home town of Sacramento!

The Sacramento Bee's Clint Swett reports on page D1 of Friday's Bee that:

"Apple Computer will open one of its high-profile stores at Sacramento's Arden Fair this spring, giving the Macintosh faithful a place to worship and the mall a tenant that has proven it can draw traffic."

It goes on to say that "Apple spokeswoman Jane Rauckhorst said the company would not comment on unanounced store openings. But Chris Facas, senior manager at Arden Fair, confirmed Apple had signed papers Wednesday to move into 3,600 square feet previously occupied by the jeweler Bailey, Banks & Biddle. He said Apple would likely move in after renovations are completed sometime in May."

"Arden Fair's Web site listes Apple as a tenant at the second floor location in the middle of the mall near Nordstrom."

The article goes on to praise the Apple stores as "destinations" and gets into the local mall politics a bit.

I can't believe I haven't seen anyone else mention this so far this week. I happen to be familiar with the area of the mall the store looks to be headed for. In fact, I've always thought that Nordstrom's entrance to be sort of "low traffic" and wouldn't expect an Apple store to locate there. Of course I havent been to Arden in a year so who knows what it looks like now anyway.

Unfortunately, there already is a Mac dealer on the very same street as the mall, MacOnline (www.maconline.com), one of our few remaining independant Mac dealers in the Central Valley (actually I think it might be the only one in the area now).

Check out sacbee.com if you're interested in the rest of the story, although I think articles cost US$1.95 if you want anything more than just the header. Crap!

Dangerous. Joe Dangerous.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Sweet, Arden Fair will be getting some much needed life. Ever since the new Galleria in Roseville was built, Arden Fair lost alot of foot traffic.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Yaaay! Arden Fair needs some high quality stores The addition will be much appreciated.