Best speakers for iMac 17

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In the process of switching to new iMac 17 and thanks to forums have decided on certain HW (such as 1G RAM) and SW (no Norton). But, one question remains...best speakers to play music CD's???

First, use Apple pro speakers and add iSub subwoofer or

Second, buy speakers such as Monsoon Planar Media? 9's

Third, anyway to obtain emulated surround sound?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    I really like my Creature Speakers, but I have found they sound great for games, but so-so for music. I would probably just go with the Pro Speakers and iSub...
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Best Looks: Apple Pro Speakers & iSub/JBL Creature

Best Souns: Klipsch Promedia 2.1

'Nuff said.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    Get the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1. Don't even think about anything else. They are hands down the best speakers available. They blow the pants off my more expensive system on my DVD/TV.

I've had some trouble with the cables, but nothing that would detract from this kick ass system.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    There are some nice computer speakers around these days, but depending on how much you want to spend a small component system might be a better choice. You can buy something like a Sonica to run your mac's sound through the stereo system. Even a cheapie one-box setup will sound better than most computer systems.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    i've this

it's kickin'. matches my powerbook (and i assume new ones) like butter.

très b&o.

[ 02-15-2003: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    those actually do look pretty nice.... how much?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Or you could take out a second mortgage and get the speakers that those are modeled after. The Beolab 8000.

:cool:
  • Reply 8 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    you just have to tease...

well at least you didn't post photos from your apartment... heh
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Ok Paul, you talked me into it My gorgeous speakers and really crappy TV

• Reply 10 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>Ok Paul, you talked me into it My gorgeous speakers and really crappy TV

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Can you say Photoshop????
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Why don't you row that jealousy boat ashore somewhere else, skipper
  • Reply 12 of 15
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    i have a pair of these: b&w 603 S2

and i can recommend the nautilus for your imac:

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited by: cycle ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 15
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>Why don't you row that jealousy boat ashore somewhere else, skipper </strong><hr></blockquote>

I like it right where I've anchored it, thank you very much..

Nice speakers. A little overkill for an iMac, but if it makes you feel like a man, go for it. (I guess shaving your legs has some negative ramifications for your manhood that these speakers make up for )
  • Reply 14 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

I like it right where I've anchored it, thank you very much..

Nice speakers. A little overkill for an iMac, but if it makes you feel like a man, go for it. (I guess shaving your legs has some negative ramifications for your manhood that these speakers make up for )</strong><hr></blockquote>

Touché. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Nice one.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I have the Klipsch Promedia 4.1's. I couldn't be happier with them, despite the fact that I have to use them in Stereo mode when watching DVD's because apple won't get their act together and write a DVD Player that supports anything beyond 2 channel audio. But that's another rant for another time. Music sounds great, the sub is rediculous, and they have an additional audio input for a second device.