MP3-->AC3

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is there a freeware program to turn mp3's into ac3?

or does anyone know how, i dont want to have to install media cleaner, i assume that can

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    AC3 as in the Dolby surround format? I don't know of anything that can do that. Kind of pointless to since mp3s are stereo.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>AC3 as in the Dolby surround format? I don't know of anything that can do that. Kind of pointless to since mp3s are stereo.</strong><hr></blockquote>

well for backing up my DVD's, after the first disc is done i want a movie i made to come up to change the disc, but sizzle doesn't let me add that as a track without audio
  • Reply 3 of 6
    well, quicktime pro can export to aac (read: mp4). that said, i think there are some licensing issues involved when it comes to aac, so i don´t know if there would be a freeware to have this capability yet...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Why would you want to do this when you're starting with a lossy format?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    [quote]Originally posted by dr. zoidberg:

<strong>well, quicktime pro can export to aac (read: mp4). that said, i think there are some licensing issues involved when it comes to aac, so i don´t know if there would be a freeware to have this capability yet...</strong><hr></blockquote>

AAC and AC3 aren't the same.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I think he meant AAC. Would converting an MP3 to an AAC make it sound crappy? Crappier than going straight from AIFF to AAC aka MP4? I mean I have all these downloaded MP3's but once the iPod can play MP4 I could double the amount of space on it basically. That is so cool... WTF Apple when will iPods play MP4!!!!