MSN Is Billing My Credit Card?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have no idea how I got a MSN account, but they are billing me $21.95 per month!

How do I cancel? I tried going to <a href="http://www.msn.com,"; target="_blank">www.msn.com,</a> but they want me to LOG ON before I can get help, and I can't log on because I don't really HAVE an account! Grrr!

Anyone have a MSN phone number?

Advice?

This is worse than AOL. God help us all!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Call your credit card company and dispute the charge. Keep doing it if they keep charging you. You also have to try and find a toll free number you can call to get it cancelled, even though you didn't sign up.

If they give you any problems, you need to get some legal help involved since you were 'opted in' to the service somehow. No idea how they got your card number either.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Send them a letter (snail mail) complaining about it. Don't pay anything. It's a lot harder to get online help and often times the company doesn't take you as seriously.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Did you purchase a computer with your credit card? Some computers come with "free" service. Maybe the store or company got a little anxious or something and signed you up?