ICYMI: DJI Osmo 3 gimbal, tiny battery packs, wireless chargers, & more

Posted:
in General Discussion
Each week, there are a ton of great products that get released that we don't have time to cover. Here are our top picks for new gear from the last seven days you should check out including new a new DJI gimbal, tiny and powerful battery packs, wireless chargers, and more.

Zendure SuperMini
Zendure SuperMini

Zendure SuperMini

Zendure makes our current favorite battery pack and charger, but sometimes you need something a bit smaller. The SuperMini is a tiny battery pack that has a footprint less than a credit card.

Even though it is small, it still has that eye-catching Zendure design, a huge 10,000 mAh capacity, and even 18W USB-C output. Couple that with a USB-C Lightning cable to fast charge an iPhone or iPad.

You can pick up the SuperMini now for $34.

DJI Osmo 3

DJI Osmo 3
DJI Osmo 3

Drone-maker DJI has updated its extremely popular Osmo mobile gimbal with a lighter, smaller design. The updated version now is collapsable, finding in half for easier storage and travel.

Other changes include the return of the popular trigger from the first generation, USB-C, automatic rotation between vertical and horizontal orientations, and support for Active Track -- DJI's object tracking system.

It is available now for $119 by itself, or $139 bundled with a tripod and carrying case. Stay tuned for our full review soon.

Native Union Maequetry wireless chargers

Native Union Marquetry Dock charger
Native Union Marquetry Dock charger

Native Union has a new styles of its Dock and Drop chargers now available. The Marquetry series uses three distinct pieces of Italian leather in various shades and textures to create a large wireless charging surface.

Native Union's Dock charger is situated vertical whereas the Drop charger is a horizontal pad. Each is capable of up to 7.5W for iPhones and 10W for other supported devices and include an extra-long braided cable.

The new leather Dock chargers are available for $119.99 and the updated Drop chargers retail for $69.99.

Other notable releases

Here's some gear we already covered, but we've collected them here if you missed them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    payecopayeco Posts: 580member
    Just picked up one of the Zendure batteries. I actually already have Anker’s equivalent battery, the 10000 PD. But when my wife is trying to shove it in a wristlet every bit of size savings helps and this is almost an inch and a half shorter while being only .2 inches wider. I’ll likely put the Anker on eBay or Craigslist if the Zendure works well.

It does have a downside though compared to the Anker. The max output is 18w. I don’t know if that means you can only charge one device at a time or if it means if you use both ports each will only get 9w. The Anker can output 28w, 18w to the USB-C and 10w to the USB-A, at the same time. I think the size savings is probably worth the trade off though.
    edited August 2019 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I really hope that DJI as made a major turnaround as regards customer care and service. My first experience with them was the original Osmo stabilizer. Arrived defective. Took over a month of phone calls to get it replaced. The replacement was defective. It took over a month to get a refund. Of course all of this entailed endless calls to them during which they made promise after promise, and only ONCE did they manage to get things right. Too shell-shocked to ever give them another. chance.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The Zendure supertank Kickstarter was not managed well at all.  Poor communication, received a backer notice my shipment was received by the shipper, tracking notice goes to some obscure Chinese shipping company with no detail and no updates going into week 2+, might be halfway to Mars by now.  Meanwhile the same product is available on Amazon and B&H.  Kind of defeats the purpose when you can order retail and get it quicker than someone who funded the product 6 months ago.  Hard pass.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    kelly93 said:
    The Zendure supertank Kickstarter was not managed well at all.  Poor communication, received a backer notice my shipment was received by the shipper, tracking notice goes to some obscure Chinese shipping company with no detail and no updates going into week 2+, might be halfway to Mars by now.  Meanwhile the same product is available on Amazon and B&H.  Kind of defeats the purpose when you can order retail and get it quicker than someone who funded the product 6 months ago.  Hard pass.
    Doesn’t surprise me. I’ve backed three Kickstarter campaigns and two of these were scams.